Chapter 7: "I'm getting too close to you and I can't"

Brad very kindly helped me put all of the shopping away and then followed me to mine and Rachel's bedroom area, I sat on my desk chair and spun around to see Brad awkwardly standing in the middle of the room. "You like to stand don't you." I commented making him smile. "I just feel a bit awkward being here." Brad replied. "Why?" Rachel asked as she sat on her bed and started to eat her ice cream. "Because I've only just met you and Hayley and I'm already in your room." Brad explained and I smiled. "You can come and sit down if you want." I replied and he took a seat on my bed. "Where are the other boys?" Rachel asked. "In their dorm rooms probably." I replied as Brad crossed his legs, I opened my computer and plugged my headphones in before preparing myself to create the music for my song. "What you doing?" Brad asked as he shuffled to the end of my bed so he could see the computer. "Creating the music for my song." I replied. "I haven't even started writing mine yet." Brad explained and I smiled. "Well you had better get writing then, there is paper in the top draw over there if you wanted to get started." I explained and Brad crawled down to the other end of my bed, he opened my draws and pulled out a few sheets of paper and a book to lean on before crawling back over to me and sitting cross legged at the end of my bed. I giggled at him passed him a pen before he smiled. "I like your giggle." Brad stated and I blushed. "AWWWWW!" We both heard Rachel say and I laughed at her reaction while shaking my head.

"Would you like a drink before I zone into my work?" I asked. "Erm, yeah please." Brad replied. "What would you like?" I asked as I stood up. "Do you have tea?" Brad asked. "You know we do, you were at the shop with me when I bought it." I replied and laughed as I walked off into the kitchen and Brad followed. "Milk? Sugar?" I asked. "Yeah, both please." Brad replied and stood next to me, I turned the kettle on and got a mug out while waiting for it to boil. "How many sugars?" I asked. "Just the 1, thank you." Brad replied and I nodded.

Things went silent for a little while as Brad watched me make his tea, I passed it to him and sat on the work surface, he smiled and moved closer to me so he could place his mug down on the side next to me. "Can I ask some more questions?" Brad asked, I thought back to our conversation at the beach earlier and nodded. "What is your favourite thing to do in your spare time?" Brad asked and I giggled. "Make music, listen to music and going to the beach." I replied. "Why do you love the beach so much?" Brad asked as he picked up his mug and took a sip of his tea. "Just the calm atmosphere I guess, I haven't been to the beach very much in my life so now I'm here it's nice to know I can just go whenever I want to." I explained. "Where did you used to live before you came here then?" Brad asked. "London." I replied and he nodded. "Where did you live?" I asked. "Birmingham." Brad replied, that explains the cute accent... Wait, did I just say cute... "Have you ever tried writing a song at the beach?" Brad asked and took another sip of his tea, this snapped me out of my thoughts. "No, I haven't." I replied. "Maybe you should some time, it's a good place to think." Brad mentioned and I smiled. "Maybe I will, thanks for the idea." I replied and he smiled before walking closer towards me and placing his mug back on the side, I let my legs dangle over the worktop as he stood in front of me, he rested his hands on my knees and smiled at me with those gorgeous white teeth. He looked at me with the chocolate brown eyes that I can never say no to which made my cheeks go red. "Why are you blushing?" He asked in a soft voice, I shrugged my shoulders and he smiled even more. "You look cute when you blush." Brad stated and I looked down at my legs, he placed his hand softly under my chin and lifted my head back up so I was looking at him. "In fact, you're just cute all of the time." Brad continued and I didn't know how to react, I wanted to reach out and hug him, I wouldn't even have to reach out because he is that close to me... But I want to hug him and I want to breath in his deodorant which I know sounds weird but it's true, why am I feeling this way towards him.

"Hayley! Did you want some of this ice cream or..." Rachel started before walking into the kitchen to see me and Brad standing very close, I lightly pushed him away and jumped off of the counter before walking back into the bedroom area. I sat at my desk and put my headphones on before starting to create a tune for my song, a few minutes later Brad and Rachel walked in and sat back down where they were earlier, I wonder what they were talking about... Brad placed his mug on my desk right next to where my computer was and I tried my best to think nothing of it. I felt his hand rest on my shoulder and I looked over to him, he pulled the headphones slowly off my head and smiled. "What's up?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "Tell me." Brad said. "I'm getting too close to you and I can't." I explained and he looked confused, he took a moment to think and then remembered what I told him about Jasmine earlier, I also need to focus on my work and he is distracting me from doing my best. "Hayley I have already explained that..." Brad started but I stopped him, I spun my chair around to face him and sighed. "I know, but I'm not taking any chances." I replied, just as he was about to reply his phone pinged in his pocket, he took his phone out and read the message before sighing. "I have to go." He replied and I nodded. "It's ok, I wasn't expecting you to stay in the first place." I replied and stood up to show him the way out, he put his shoes back on with a sad look on his face and then stood up to face me. "Thank you for spending today with me." Brad explained and I smiled a little. "It's ok." I replied. "Maybe we could spend some more time together soon?" Brad asked. "Maybe." I said and he smiled before turning around to open the door. "Thank you for helping me." I blurted out before he opened the door, he turned around to face me. "Helping you?" He asked. "Yeah, you helped me when I fell over at the beach, you helped me at Tesco and you helped me put my stuff away here." I explained. "I guess. I kind of just wanted to write that song here though." He replied. "Maybe you can soon, or maybe we can go to the beach to write them?" I asked and his face lit up. "I would like that." He replied and I nodded. "See you in music class tomorrow?" He asked and I nodded, he then turned around and opened the door before stepping out. "See you tomorrow." He stated and I smiled, I want more than anything else to be able to give him a hug right now but I know it's not going to happen. He walked off down the corridor and I smiled to myself as I shut the door and walked back over to my desk, I saw the paper sat on the bed ready for Brad to write on and I saw his empty mug sat next to my computer. "What is this boy doing to me..." I mumbled to myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just want to apologise for the shorter chapters that I have been publishing recently, it's because these are just fillers leading up to the next big moment. I promise they will start getting longer again soon, I hope you are enjoying it so far.