Chapter 28: "you're so perfect"

As we walked down the road Jodie ran ahead a little and I watched her to make sure she wasn't going near the road, Brad held my hand and smiled. "You ok?" He asked. "I don't think you should hold my hand..." I said even though I really wanted him to. "Why not?" He asked in confusion. "It upsets Jodie." I said and he sighed. "But I want to hold your hand." Brad said. "She is getting worried that I am going to get a boyfriend like mum and run off and leave her, I have tried explaining to her that I'm not going anywhere but she's a bit young to understand that different people do different things. I just don't like seeing her upset, so maybe would you mind if we did this later?" I asked and looked down at our joint hands before checking to see if Jodie was ok. "Erm, yeah sure." Brad said and let go of my hand before kissing my cheek and running over to Jodie as she was about to cross the road by herself.

Did he just kiss my cheek... I need to have a chat with him about what is going on with us because maybe I am ready to be a bit more than friends, but I'm not quite ready to be in a fully committed relationship yet as that still scares me a little. I just hope he can understand that... I held Jodie's hand on one side and Brad held her other hand before we pressed the button and crossed at the traffic lights, before long we had reached the park and I told Jodie she could run off and play on the equipment, so she did just that. I giggled as she ran off in excitement and Brad smiled at me. "It makes me happy to see how much you love her." Brad said and I looked at him. "I love her because she is a good kid and she doesn't deserve all of this drama in her life, I just want her to have the experiences that every little girl should have like going round her friends houses or going on days out to visit places but I can't give that to her." I explained and Brad went to hold my hand but remembered I told him not to. "Maybe over the next holiday we can book a few things to do with her?" Brad asked. "We?" I replied. "Yeah. Me, you and Jodie. You wouldn't want to do it all by yourself would you?" He asked and I shook my head as we opened the gate to enter the play equipment area. "And I'm sure the other boys would love to come along to some places as well." Brad said. "Don't even get her started on the other boys, she won't know what to do with herself when she has 4 teenage boys around her." I explained and Brad laughed. "I think she likes me because I'm someone who actually wants to spend time with her, she's not used to that." Brad said and I nodded. "So do I." I said as we sat down on the bench together.

We both watched as Jodie climbed up a climbing frame and went down the slide, she waved at both of us so we waved back and smiled. "She's just perfect." I said and Brad nodded. "She looks like you." Brad explained and I looked at him. "Well she's unlucky then." I replied and Brad shook his head. "Nope, she's the luckiest girl in the world to look like you." Brad explained and I blushed a little before looking away. "You're perfect too you know." Brad stated and I looked up at him before smiling. "So are you..." I blurted out and then realised that I probably shouldn't of said that. "You... You think I'm... Perfect?" Brad asked in a shocked tone, he has never heard me compliment him like that before. "Yeah... I mean... look at you..." I said as I looked down at the ground and he lifted my chin up lightly. "More like look at you." He said and I smiled a little. "I really really really enjoyed falling asleep with you last night." Brad commented and I nodded. "So did I..." I replied. "Your bed is comfy." He said and winked before I raised my hands. "Cold hands!" I said and he shuffled away from me in a jokey manner as I laughed and started to chase him around the park. "No! Your hands are cold!" Brad exclaimed as he stopped running and I placed my hands on his face so he could feel the cold. "Actually, your hands aren't that bad." He said as I realised my chest was currently touching his, I took at how close together we are as I removed my hands from his face. He placed his hands either side of my waist and smiled. "You're so perfect..." Brad commented.

"Hayley!" I heard Jodie call and I stepped away from Brad before walking over to the climbing frame. "Yeah?" I replied. "Can you push me on the swings?" She asked. "Of course." I said as I helped her get down from the climbing frame and walked over to the swings with her, she chose what swing she wanted and sat on it before I began to push her. I looked up to see Brad walking over to me and he winked which made me blush. "Higher! Higher!" Jodie exclaimed as I pushed her a bit harder, Brad walked around the swings and stood next to me. "I meant it." He continued from his previous comment as I tried to not think about it and focus on Jodie.

"How about we go for a walk in the woods?" Brad asked and Jodie cheered as I stopped the swing and she ran off over to the gate. "That child has too much energy." Brad said and I giggled a little as I made sure everything was still in my bag and walked off after her. Brad caught up with us and I let Jodie run ahead a little but only far enough so I could still see her, we walked into the woods and I looked around me to see all the leaves on the trees were starting to fall off onto the ground and and changing to orange and brown colours. Autumn is coming... "I'm guessing you don't want to continue with the conversation we were having?" Brad asked as he walked next to me. "Now isn't really the right time." I replied. "Why?" Brad asked. "You know why, I don't want Jodie getting upset." I explained again and Brad sighed. "Look if it was just me and you here right now then yes I would of continued with that conversation, but we aren't here for us at the moment." I explained and Brad nodded. "I'm sorry." I said and then walked ahead a little to catch up with Jodie.

Brad's point of view:

"I'm sorry." She said and then walked off to catch up with Jodie. I know I may be being a little too harsh on her at the moment as she is here for Jodie, but I just want to spend some time with her so I can tell her how I feel about her. Telling her she is perfect once doesn't really sum up how amazing she is to me... I know Jodie comes first and I know that's the only reason why she came home, I know how much she cares about her... But I really just want to spend a day with her, where it's just me and her with no distractions. This morning I was having such a great time with her, we were both snuggled up in bed and we were having a nice chat, it was perfect, but then Jodie walked in and... I can't say she ruined it because that's not a nice thing to say... But she stopped my time with Hayley. About 10 minutes ago I was being chased by the most beautiful girl around the park, I told her she was perfect and then Jodie took her away again... I know I came here to help look after Jodie and I have been doing that... But I just really want to spend a while with Hayley... So I can tell her how I really feel. Maybe I can tonight as she has agreed to sleep with me again... And by 'sleep' I mean sleep, nothing else...

End of Brad's point of view.