Chapter 31: I was going to say yes...

"My dad said I can go!" I shouted as I ran down the stairs into the living room with my phone in my hand, Brad looked up at me from playing with Jodie and smiled. "Go where?" He asked as I sat down on the floor next to him and Jodie. "Go and visit him when I go with you next week, he said that he will have Jodie for the week!" I exclaimed and Brad hugged me before pulling me into his lap, I straddled his waist so I could face him and he held me tight. "I can't wait! I need to tell mum!" Brad said and kissed my head before he stood up and walked out of the room to call his mum. "Is Brad your boyfriend?!" Jodie exclaimed as she picked up a teddy bear. "Nope." I replied as I thought back to a few nights ago when me and Brad got pretty cosy in bed, we still sleep in the same bed but Brad doesn't really know how to act around me when we aren't in a relationship, which is fair enough. "But he kissed your head!" Jodie giggled and I smiled. "He is just my friend." I explained and pulled her on to my lap. "I kiss your head, doesn't mean I'm in a relationship with you." I explained and Jodie giggled. "Brad likes you." Jodie blurted out and stood up to get another teddy. "What? How do you know?" I asked in a confused tone. "He told me!" Jodie exclaimed and I sighed,  he's telling everyone but me apparently. First Jasmine, then the boys and now Jodie.

"Mum said you can come round next week!" Brad replied as he walked into the room and sat down next to me. "Jodie, you are staying at dads next week." I explained to her. "But dad doesn't like me." Jodie replied. "He does, just because he doesn't see you very often doesn't mean he doesn't like you. He is just busy all the time." I explained and she nodded. "I'm guessing we are driving to Thorpe Park from my house?" Brad asked. "Can you drive?" I asked. "No, can you?" Brad asked. "No..." I replied and Brad giggled. "We could get the train down there?" Brad asked. "How long will that take?" I asked as Brad got his phone out to check how long. "About three and a half hours." Brad replied and my mouth dropped open. "So to get there at 10am we would have to leave at about 6:30am?!" I asked and Brad nodded. "I could see if I can ask my mum to drive us down there so it will only take 2 hours but I would have to talk to her very nicely." I said and sighed. "Is there much point in going?" I asked. "Yes! It will be fun!" Brad exclaimed. "But it takes a long time." I said and Brad shrugged his shoulders. "We can make the journey fun too!" Brad replied and I looked over at Jodie. "Do you really not want to go?" Brad asked. "Can I talk to you..." I mumbled and he nodded as we both walked into the kitchen, I sat on a chair and Brad sat in front of me.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "I'm just a bit nervous to leave Jodie at my dads... He hasn't had much experience with children and what if Jodie doesn't like it there? I would feel bad for leaving her!" I replied and Brad placed both of his hands on my knees. "Hayley, calm down. She will be fine." Brad said and I sighed. "Why don't you boys just go?" I asked and he shook his head. "I'm not leaving you behind." Brad replied. "But it will be easier for you." I explained. "No it won't, it will be easier if you come with me... If you aren't with me I will just be worrying about you all day." Brad replied. "Worrying? Why?" I asked. "Because I care about you." Brad said. "But nothing is going to happen to me. I will just be at home." I replied. "I know..." Brad said and looked down at the floor. "Please come with me?" Brad said and I sat on his lap in a straddle position again, it's comfy and I can face him. "Ok." I said and he hugged me. "Thank you." He replied and kissed the top of my head, one day I'm hoping that will turn into a real kiss. "Isn't Rachel coming?" Brad asked and I nodded as I rested my head against his chest. "Well that will be fun then." Brad said. "She will just be with James the whole time." I replied. "And you will just be with me the whole time." Brad explained and winked as I sat up to face him again, I ran my hands slowly down his chest but became annoyed that his T-shirt was in the way. I sighed at the fact that I don't have the confidence to tell him I want to be with him, let alone ask him to take his top off.

"Hayley!" I heard Jodie call and I sighed. "I had better go and sort her out..." I replied and got off of his lap. "Yeah?" I replied as I walked into the living room. "What are you doing?" She asked. "I'm just talking to Brad." I replied and sat down next to her on the floor, it then hit me that we are leaving for Brad's house in 2 days... "Shall we start packing for your trip to dads house?" I asked and she nodded, she picked up her teddy and carried it up the stairs before I walked into the kitchen to see Brad had made himself a glass of water. "I hope you don't mind..." Brad said and I shook my head. "Not at all." I replied and walked over to him. "I am going to pack some clothes for Jodie. Did you want to come up and help?" I asked and Brad nodded. "Sure." He replied.

I held his hand and walked up the stairs with him, we walked past my room and I nearly got past Brad's room but he pulled me into his room and pushed me up against the wall lightly. "Brad?!" I said and he rested his forehead against mine. "I can't take this anymore Hayley! I really really like you and I really want to be with you! I know I've been saying that I will wait for you to be ready but I've been waiting for a few months now. I don't know how much longer I can wait for Hayley because I like you, in fact I love you! So so much. You're perfect in every way, shape and form to me, your laugh, your smile, your sense of humour, your personality, everything! So I'm going to ask you this Hayley..." Brad explained and stepped away from the wall a tiny bit but so he was still close to me.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked with his forehead resting against mine, what on earth do I say to that?... Yes I like him a lot but I'm not ready... Not for a committed relationship anyway because it scares me that someone has the power to hurt me... He has already hurt me once and yes I trust him but there is still something in the back of my mind telling me I should wait... But wait for what? I'm so confused because I'm confusing myself! Brad could obviously tell that I was thinking about this over and over by the look on my face and he sighed before stepping away a little bit. "Ok... I get it. You're not ready, I'm sorry. I should of waited like you asked me to." I said and Brad went and sat on his bed, I stood in the spot that he put me in and didn't move. What do I do?! I didn't even give him an answer and he has gotten upset... "Brad I..." I started. "Just go and help Jodie." Brad cut me off and I stepped a little closer to him. "Brad, please I..." I tried to say again. "Go!" Brad shouted and this took me by surprise, I stepped back a little as his anger was scaring me before walking out of the room and closing his door. I walked into my room and laid down on my bed, I let my face sink into the pillow as the tears started to fall down my cheeks. I was going to say yes...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two updates in one day, you lucky people...