Chapter 18: the party

The week went by really quickly and the boys continued to try and persuade me to come to this party with them, at first I wasn't sure as I've never been to a party like this before but eventually I gave into them. The boys told me to dress casual as it wasn't a formal party so I put on a pink and white dress topped with a brown belt, I slid on a denim jacket over the top to make the outfit look more casual and then slipped on some white converse. This is one of my favourite outfits and I thought I would wear it so I don't look like the odd one out at a party, I'm not popular so I need to make a bit of of an effort compared to everyone else.

I looked over at the time to see it was 6pm, the boys should be here to pick me up anytime now

*knock knock*

I smiled at the sound of the door knocking and then picked up my pre packed bag before walking over to the door. "Hi!" I answered and the boys all stood in awe looking at me. "What? Is there something on my face..." I asked as I started to touch my face and Connor giggled. "No, you look..." James started. "Beautiful..." Brad finished and I blushed a little before looking down at my feet, I slowly looked up to see the boys were wearing smart casual clothes as well. I think it's cute how me and Brad are both wearing a denim jacket to the party, it's like we are on the same wavelength.

"You boys look handsome

"You boys look handsome." I commented and they all smiled. "Thanks." Tristan replied and I looked at Brad to see him wink at me. "You ready to go?" Brad asked and I nodded, the boys all walked off down the corridor as I locked my door but Brad waited for me. "You can go with them, I don't wanna get in your way tonight." I explained as I put my key in my bag. "You won't be in the way because we all want you there." Brad explained as we started walking down the corridor behind the other boys. "Who's party even is it?" I asked. "Some dude called Jack who is in the year above us, he is just throwing a little party in the main hall because it's his birthday but because he is popular a lot of people end up going." Brad explained as we started to walk down the stairs. "But we are the year below him so why are we invited?" I asked and Brad shrugged his shoulders. "Some mates of ours invited us so we invited you." Brad said and he slowly lowered his hand so he could hold mine, I looked down at our joint hands and the butterflies started up in my stomach. "I was thinking about filming the cover tomorrow, did you want to be our camera girl?" Brad asked and I giggled as we reached the bottom of the stairs and walked outside. "Sure. Don't expect the footage to be good though, I'm not great with cameras." I explained as Brad held the door open for me. "I'm sure your fine, it's just a YouTube video." Brad replied and I nodded.

We eventually reached the party and as soon as I walked into the hall the loud music and the smell of alcohol made me feel disorientated and sick, I looked around to see people dancing, drinking and kissing, this is basically like a nightclub. "Are you ok?" Brad shouted over the music as he could see I was uncomfortable and I slowly nodded. "Did you want a drink?" Tristan asked us both, I shook my head and Brad nodded. "What is there?" He asked and Tristan used his hand to call us over, we walked over to the drinks table and there was all sorts, soft and alcoholic. "Brad..." I mumbled and tugged on his arm as he reached over to the beer, I tilted my head to the side a little and he sighed. "Just one?" He asked and I shook my head. "You told me to stop you." I explained. "I know but one won't hurt." Brad said, I sighed and stood back as I knew I wasn't going to win against him. His addiction is really bad and I can't do anything but watch.

I decided to go and find a table by myself because there was no need for me to be with the boys, they were having fun without me and I seemed to be just stopping them from having a good night. I sat down and looked around me to see that I didn't know anybody that was here and this made me feel very disorientated so I just sat by myself for the next few hours, just watching everyone get drunk and having a laugh.

"Hayley!" I heard someone call, Brad walked over to me and I noticed he wasn't walking in a straight line. He has a beer in his hand and he placed in on the table as he sat on the chair next to me. "What are you... Doing?" He slurred and then drunk some of his drink. "Nothing." I replied, I can smell the alcohol on him. "Come and have fun?!" He asked and held my hand, I slowly pulled it away and shook my head. "No Brad, you're drunk." I explained and he looked confused, seeing him like this is actually quite soul destroying because I know he doesn't want to be addicted. "No I'm not..." He slurred again and I sighed, he shook his head and then picked his drink up before walking in a wobbly line back into the crowd.

After a few more minutes of just sitting and watching I decided that it is probably time for me to leave. I stood up and started to push my way through the crowd but every time I stepped forwards someone pushed me back, it was getting harder and harder for me to move and I began to feel more and more enclosed. I felt my body temperature rise as I looked around for an exit from this crowd, eventually I found a gap and walked through it before looking in front of me to see a sight that I never wanted to see. Brad and Jasmine... They were dancing together and I stood and watched for a second as I took in what I was seeing, a few tears started to fall down my cheeks and I looked down at the floor. As I looked up again I saw something that broke my heart, their lips joined together in a passionate kiss and I slowly felt my heart rip into tiny little pieces before I felt myself being pushed to the side by the crowd.

I ran out of the hall as quickly as I could and made my way to the bench outside the recording studio, the place that I normally meet the boys when we decide to go out. I sat down and let the tears fall down my cheeks as my heart broke, I can't believe after everything Brad told me he still decided to get drunk and then get with Jasmine again, he told me he was getting better and that he wasn't addicted to alcohol anymore but when I tried to get him to stop he couldn't. He told me he wasn't interested in Jasmine anymore but what I just saw tells me that he still is, why did I let myself get pulled into this mess. I told myself boys are a waste of time and that they will just distract me but I stupidly fell for him, like he would ever care about me! I'm just me. Ugly, dumb and boring me. How did I ever think Bradley Simpson would ever like me...