Chapter 9: talking to Rachel

"We need to spend some time together!" Rachel said as she turned the TV on, I slipped into bed and covered my body with the duvet cover. "Doing what?" I asked and looked over at my phone to see the time was 9pm. "We could go shopping?" Rachel asked. "I'm not a fan of shopping." I replied and sighed. "What's up with you? You're in a grumpy mood." Rachel asked and sat up in bed, I just shrugged my shoulders and rolled over. "Is it about Brad?" She asked and I shook my head, Rachel smiled to herself as I faced the wall. "Don't be upset, you have had the best few days with him and he obviously wants to spend more time with you." Rachel explained and I sat up in bed. "I know that, but I still think he should stop getting so close to me. One of us is going to get hurt because of Jasmine, in fact Brad has already been slapped around the face by her." I explained. "It was nice of you to help him though." Rachel said and I looked at her. "Do you think so?" I asked and she nodded. "Who else would take a boy up to their dorm and help them? Most girls would just tell them to man up and walk away." Rachel said. "I'm not like 'most girls'." I replied and looked down at the duvet.

"Hayley, you have had the best few days with him and the boys and I don't think you should let Jasmine get in the way. She is just jealous because she has finally met her match, she has found someone better than her and she doesn't want you taking Brad away from her. She also doesn't want to admit that you are better than her. If Brad liked her do you think he would be spending this much time with you?" Rachel asked and I shook my head. "Exactly, he doesn't like Jasmine. He wants to spend his time with you so don't waste this because you feel like Jasmine is better for him. This is why most relationships end in tears, because people don't think their good enough and then they push each other away, but the truth is you two are actually perfect for each other." Rachel explained and I smiled a little. "I don't want to rush into anything though, I wanna get to know him first and actually become his friend." I replied. "Yeah, that's fair enough. Don't rush into anything. Just take you're time with it and eventually things will start to work out and fall into place, continue hanging out with him and talking to him and just see where it takes you." Rachel explained. "I don't wanna get distracted from my work either..." I replied. "Then don't, do your work with him. He is in your class, right? Rachel asked and I nodded. "We are going to the beach tomorrow to work on our songs for class." I explained. "Well there you go! Completing your work and spending time with him." Rachel said and I smiled.

"So, back to the question I asked earlier. Do you wanna go shopping?" Rachel asked and I looked over at her. "I was serious when I said I'm not a fan of shopping." I replied and she smiled. "Ah ok, well how about we just go to the cinema or something then?" She asked. "What films are on?" I asked and she shrugged her shoulders, I reached over to my desk at the end of the bed and grabbed my laptop before loading up the cinema website. "The Emoji Movie, Dunkirk, Baby Driver, Despicable Me 3." I read out and Rachel giggled. "What?" I asked. "The Emoji Movie, what is that?" She asked and I smiled. "No idea, I'm feeling Dunkirk though." I said and she nodded. "Cool, when did you wanna go?" Rachel asked. "Well I'm out tomorrow with Brad, what's the date tomorrow?" I asked. "Wednesday." Rachel replied. "Thursday?" I stated and she nodded. "Sounds good, although it will have to be in the afternoon because I have a lesson in the morning. Not everyone is as lucky as you and gets two weeks off of lessons." Rachel said and giggled. "Yeah that's fine, I will book the tickets." I replied and she nodded. "I will pay you back now, how much is my ticket?" She asked as she hopped out of bed and walked over to her bag. "£9." I replied as I booked the tickets, she passed me the money and I thanked her before she got back into bed and I turned my laptop off.

Rachel continued flicking through the channels to find something decent that was on and I looked out of the window to see the sun setting which made me smile. "You and Brad are cute together, you know that?" Rachel asked and I blushed a bit. "Thanks... I think." I said and Rachel giggled. "You're both so shy around each other and I can see you both care about each other." Rachel explained. "We do, well at least I think he does." I replied.