Chapter 17: 'first date'

A few more weeks went buy of me and Brad hanging out together, as every day passed we became closer and closer as friends which I was liking and he had started to give me a lot more hugs which is a bonus. We have been working together in our lessons regularly which I am liking and the boys are planning on releasing their first cover on YouTube very soon. Today he is treating me to lunch at a cute little cafe down by the beach and I am more than excited, he said to treat this as a date if I wanted to and I feel like this would be a good place to start getting to know him a bit better than just friends. By no means do I want to come out of the date and be in a relationship with him as I am still not ready for all of that, but maybe it's time to try out dating and see where it goes? It could end up better than I expected.

 By no means do I want to come out of the date and be in a relationship with him as I am still not ready for all of that, but maybe it's time to try out dating and see where it goes? It could end up better than I expected

I decided to go with something casual but also something that shows off my personality, the dress that I wore to Pizza Express was nice but it wasn't me. I put on some black jeans, a white crop top, a denim jacket and some black boots before curling my hair so it sat all wavy on my shoulders and then adding a little bit of mascara and blush. I don't normally wear make up as you know but I thought I would make an effort for the occasion. Once I had got dressed I looked at the time to see it was 1pm, I have literally spent all day in bed with my laptop as I am still making some new music for my university course. I grabbed my bag and put my phone and other bits in it before collecting my key and walking out the door, Rachel will be back later as she is currently in a lesson.

I waited outside the recording studio for Brad as this spot has become the little meeting place for me and the boys, I quite like that though. I stood there for about 5 minutes before I saw Brad running over to me, he stopped in front of me all out of breath and I giggled. "I'm sorry I'm late, I over slept." Brad said and I smiled. "It's fine, I over sleep all the time as you know." I replied and he nodded as he calmed his breathing down. "How are you this afternoon?" He asked and looked at me. "I'm good thank you, how are you?" I asked and he smiled. "Great now I'm with you." He said and I smiled which made him smile in return. "Are you ready to go to lunch?" He asked and I nodded before he held out his hand for me to take, I accepted his gesture and held his hand before we started to walk to the cafe. "You look very nice today by the way, I like what you have done to your hair." Brad explained and I blushed a little. "Thank you, I just curled it." I replied and he nodded. "I like it." He continued. "Thanks." I commented and he smiled. "So, is this a date then?" He asked as we crossed a few roads and I saw the sea appear in front of me. "If you want it to be." I replied. "I don't want to rush you into anything, if you're comfortable with this being a date then so am I." Brad said and I nodded. "I am." I replied and he smiled. "So I get to pay for your meal?" He asked and winked which made me giggle. "I can pay for mine, it's fine." I replied and he shook his head as we walked along a few restaurants. "I'm paying, end of." He replied and I just smiled.

We eventually reached the cafe and Brad explained that he had reserved a table to the waiter, he gave her his name and she took us to our table which was by a little window. "We have the sea view!" I said and Brad pulled my chair out so I could sit down. "Thank you." I shyly replied and he smiled. "My pleasure." He commented and then sat down for himself, I took the menu from the waiter and then she walked off. "What are you fancying?" Brad asked as we opened the menus up. "I fancy a chocolate milkshake!" I replied and he giggled. "Go for it! I might get a strawberry milkshake." Brad explained and I nodded. "Erm, excuse me. Sorry to interrupt but there is a table outside if you would prefer a better view of the beach." The waiter asked and I looked at Brad. "Yeah, sure!" Brad replied, we both carried our menus to the table outside and then sat down to see we were sat in a little area with flowers around us and the beach in the distance. "Thank you." Brad replied to the waiter and I smiled. "Would you like to order your drinks?" The lady asked and we both nodded. "One chocolate and one strawberry milkshake please." Brad asked and she nodded before walking away.