Kristin: Peppermint Patty

"So you just kissed him?" Dee asked quietly.
I almost couldn't believe it myself, but I had to know how Derek felt and if he liked me the same way I liked him.
"Yeah but I totally ruined the moment," I replied. Dee, Cassie and I were all leaning forward over the table at the Pizza Place talking in hushed whispers.
"How did you ruin it?" Cassie was just as eager for the gossip as Dee was.
"Well I got all emotional over my mother and father, broke the bridge and then I hinted at having sex in the middle of the woods before I practically ran away. I feel like such an idiot which is way weird because I don't ever stress or worry over little the things like this," The words flew out of my mouth at a very fast pace.
"It could have been worse. I still can't believe you kissed him... Derek Hale," Cassie looked mortified and impressed at the same time.
"Would you have had sex with him in the woods if he had said yes?" Dee's eyes were full of curiosity.
"I don't know," Which was the truth. I had no idea what I would have done. I acted like a total freak.
"So anyway they were this totally cute pink and I really wanted to buy them but I didn't," Cassie practically raised her voice and we all sat back in our seats as Cory and Trevor joined us.
Phew that was a close call. I sighed to myself. The last thing I needed was the guys judging me. I could still see the worry on Dee & Cassie's face even though they were trying their hardest to hide it.
"You guys ordered right?" Trevor asked as he put his arm around Dee.
"Of course we got pepperoni pizza with cokes," Dee smiled and kissed him quickly on the lips and of course Cassie pretended to barf at the display of affection.
We all giggled and laughed as the pizza and cokes arrived. The smell was making my mouth water and we all quickly grabbed a slice before the waitress had the chance to sit the plate on the table.
"Who wants to hear the new rumour?" Trevor asked as he's gaze washed over all of us one by one.
"Spill," I ordered. The rumours were about me after all. It was Hayden's act of revenge although it hardly fazed me in fact some of them were hilariously lame. I couldn't help but laugh at them.
"Well I'm sorry to be the one that has to tell you this, but you have the clap," Trevor literally clapped his hands as he said the word clap and he cracked up laughing as did the rest of the table including me.
"Wow you dirty slut! Just yesterday it was herpes," Cassie teased.
"What can I say I get around," I shrugged and took a bite of my hot delicious pizza.
"It's like she isn't even trying anymore," Cassie scoffed and pulled some of her dark hair away from her face.
"Or maybe this is her trying," Dee teased and we laughed apart from Trevor and Cory who had started talking about sports... Yawn!
Buzz... buzz. I felt my phone vibrate in my jean pocket.
It was a text from Cory who was sitting right beside me. I looked at him questioningly but he just shrugged and continued to talk to Trevor about the upcoming Lacrosse game.

Let me make dinner for you. Tomorrow night?

Cassie and Dee were looking at me and silently begging me to tell them what had just happened.

Let me think about it. I'll text you tonight.
I replied and hoped he wouldn't keep pushing for an answer right away. I needed time to think. Derek and I weren't dating but there was undeniable chemistry there and I wasn't the type of girl to fool around with two guys at the same time, it was just tacky.
Cory was nice and cute but it wasn't thoughts of him that made my skin tingle and my heart flutter. It still seemed crazy to me, to feel close to Derek when I didn't even know him. I knew nothing about him.
I didn't understand how I could feel connected to someone I didn't know.

Ok.
Was all Cory replied with and Dee and Cassie were practically about to burst but if I texted them about it Cory would have known it would've been totally obvious. They were going to have to wait until we all finished our pizza, and headed off in different directions well apart from Dee & Trevor who were practically glued together.
"Just wait until she spreads the rumour that you're really a man," Dee continued the conversation.
"Did she do that to you?" I asked. I knew that Hayden was jealous of Dee for a while because Trevor picked Dee instead of Hayden. In response Hayden had spread vicious rumours about Dee.
"It's what Trevor was attracted to at first, but he got over my girlieness," Dee teased and Cassie and I laughed. Trevor started to pay attention once he heard his name and he knew Dee had just teased him.
"Say what now?" Trevor asked.
"I was just telling them about how at first you were attracted to me because you thought that I was a man."
"I'll make you pay for saying that," Trevor smirked and kissed Dee and Cassie yawned in protest.
"Ya'll need to get a room," Cassie rolled her eyes.
"Only if you join," Trevor grinned and Dee playfully slapped him on his shoulder.
"Oh please like you could handle all of this." Cassie pointed from her head down to her toes.
"Already have," It was Cory's turn to join in on the fun and Cassie scoffed in response.
"That was one boob and for only like ten seconds," Cassie replied and I nearly choked on my coke.
"Okay, T.M.I," I interjected. I wasn't jealous just more surprised than anything.
"And you enjoyed every second of it?" Cory gloated and laughed at the dirty look Cassie was giving him.

After I had finished at the local Pizza Place I left to go to the old bridge. I was going to tell Derek about Cory's offer.
It was getting dark and my thin jacket seemed to be soaking up the cold air instead of protecting me from it. Ten minutes had passed since I arrived and I was starting to worry that Derek wasn't going to come. I had called his home phone before I left. Derek didn't "believe" in mobiles whatever that meant.
"It's getting late shouldn't you be at home?" Derek asked suddenly and I practically jumped out of my skin.
"Would you stop sneaking up on me you're like a friggin' ninja and at this rate I'm going to end up with a-" My sentence was cut short when he pressed his lips against mine. His body was warm and I instantly pressed myself against him to share the heat. This time I wasn't an emotional wreck and I wasn't going to screw it up again. My hands ran up his torso and wrapped around his neck as I drank him in. He tasted like a peppermint patty. I could literally taste the chocolate and the peppermint- it was delicious.
As our lips moved together his hands travelled from my waist and over my collar bone to cup my face and all I could smell was him, his body spray which smelt like the ocean and his sweat. Combined the two scents were intoxicating and I felt like I was losing control. It was exciting and my body was craving more of it.
We hadn't pulled away yet. Our lips were still locked in a frenzy while our tongues were practically dancing together as my hands moved from the back of his neck and through his dark soft hair.
Neither of us wanted to pull away and as the minutes passed our kiss grew deeper. My hands were gripping his hair as his hands creeped under my t-shirt. His fingers were soft and warm against my skin and my heart accelerated as his hands moved further up my torso.
All I could hear was my heart beating in my ears as his fingers trailed over my skin, leaving goose bumps behind. He had just reached the underwire of my bra when he jerked his hand away suddenly and I felt my heart sink in response.
My breathing was heavy and my cheeks were flushed as I stared at his back, "Are you okay?" I asked worried as I straightened out my shirt. I could still feel his hands trailing over my skin and I sighed in frustration. Yet part of me felt slightly relieved, I knew where it was heading and I also knew it was too soon.
Wasn't it? I mean we hadn't spent all that much time together, and it seemed like we were moving way too fast but I couldn't help it. I lost control around Derek. It was exhilarating and exciting. Nothing like when I was with my ex- boyfriend. Even the sex was kind of boring especially when I compared it to kissing Derek.
What the hell just happened? I asked myself almost in shock as Derek continued to look away from me.
"I'm fine. I just need to go."
"Wait a second! What the hell just happened?" I demanded worried I had done something wrong.
"Nothing but you should go," Derek continued to keep his back to me but I wasn't going to let him walk away not until I had asked him my question.
"Wait! Cory asked me on a date."
"If you're asking my permission you don't need it. Go on the date," It almost sounded like Derek was in pain.
"What? You want me to go on the date?" I asked confused.
"Yeah go on the date. It's not like we're boyfriend and girlfriend."
Derek was right we weren't boyfriend and girlfriend in fact we were barely friends but it still felt like I had just been punched in the face.
"I don't want to go on a date with Cory. I want to go on a date with you!" I snapped. Derek was meant to tell me not to go. He was meant to tell me that he liked me he definitely wasn't meant to tell me to go on the date.
Derek didn't say a word and I wasn't going to wait around any longer.
"Fine," I charged past Derek and practically ran to my car grunting in frustration along the way. I was beyond furious. I couldn't think let alone process what just happened. One minute everything was great and the next he was pushing me away.
What the hell just happened?

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
VOTE... COMMENT... FAN... ADD TO LIBRARY... XOX