Kristin: The Beginning

Disclaimer: I do not own the copyright, MTV does.

When I first found out we were moving to Beacon Hills, California I was completely crushed and felt as though my entire world was crashing down around me. Dramatic, I know but I didn't want to leave my friends behind, yet as my fate finally began to sink in I couldn't help but feel a little excited at the same time. I was going to be seeing my grandmother more than once a year, but what I didn't know at the time was that my father wasn't coming with us. I knew my parents were having problems although I thought it was just a little bump in the road and in time they were going to be fine... I was very wrong.

"Hello, my beautiful granddaughters'," My grandma Eleanor greeted us with a hug as we stepped out of the black Mitsubishi Lancer while my mother practically ignored my Grams altogether and started to transfer the boxes from the boot of the car into the house. 

Most of our luggage had arrived the day before, in the moving van and Grams had already started unpacking giving me and Belle the biggest room to share. Her house had two and a half bathrooms, a small study, kitchen, lounge area, and dining room but only three bedrooms to my dismay.

It was going to be torture sharing a room with Belle. I was used to my private space and I didn't want to lose that, but the couch seemed even less appealing than my bed. At least the house hadn't changed. It still had that warm and cozy feeling that made you feel at home instantly.
The red brick house was three stories tall including the attic and had a large balcony on the second floor which was surrounded by a white railing and supported by four tall white columns. When I was younger I used to pretend I was Juliet and I would recite the iconic dialogue as I imagined Romeo was calling out to me from beneath the balcony. How lame was I? Wait don't answer that.

"Hey, grams I'm going to go set up my half of the room," My sister Belle left Grams with a kiss on the cheek before she rushed into the house bouncing along with her strawberry blonde curls.

"Well she seems to be taking it well," Grams squeezed me one last time before she put an arm over my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me.

"That's because she is excited about having two birthdays' and Christmas'," I tried to hide my resentment but failed. Belle was acting like it was the best news she had ever heard and it was driving me insane. I wanted to slap some sense into her but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to stop once I started.

"Don't be too hard on her, some people find it easier to live in denial rather than face the truth, but she will eventually, and she will need you to be there for her," Grams spoke her usual words of wisdom. I knew she was right, but at that moment the last thing I wanted to do was comfort Belle who was working my last nerve.

I sighed, "Yeah I know."

Grams and I had always had a special connection, it was like she could read my mind. No one understood me like my Grams did.

"Come on we should help your mother," Grams steered me towards the boot of the car although every time I looked at my mother I felt like screaming at her until my throat was raw and bleeding. I was so angry I even thought about dying my dark hair strawberry blonde and getting brown eye contacts like my father and Belle just so I wouldn't look so much like my mother. We both had the same dark hair and matching eyes along with my older brother Alex although we got my father's tan instead of my mother's pale white skin. Thank god.

The first night was just as awkward as I expected it to be. No one talked during dinner besides Grams who tried her hardest to start conversations but we all just grunted and nodded in response. I felt bad but I didn't want to talk to my mother or my sister. The road trip forced upon me was bad enough.