Kristin: Kisses plus some heartache

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Tina was practically grinding up against Derek. My date, my boyfriend . . . Not hers!
“So, I’m sorry about hitting on you at the Pizza Place I swear I didn’t know you were the Kristin,” Tane continued to apologise although I was too busy concentrating on the skank who was dancing with my boyfriend to pay much attention.
“It’s okay really,” I assured him before I started to make my way to Derek. Everybody was pretending like they weren’t watching although I knew they were and I bet some were even expecting a fight, but that wasn’t going to happen. I wasn’t going to let that bitch ruin my night.
“Hey,” I tried to sound calm and not jealous as I grabbed Derek’s hand and a scowl replaced Tina’s flirtatious smile instantly.
Ha! Take that. I smirked pleased with myself as I stepped in front of Derek and pressed my lips against his to remind Tina that he was mine.
I had only intended to give him a quick kiss although I couldn’t help myself, and it lasted a little longer than needed.
“Come on Tina I think it’s time we head home,” I heard Tane and that’s when I finally pulled away to see Tina scowling at me. I assumed they were both werewolves but I didn’t care. I wasn’t just going to sit back and watch as Tina flirted with Derek even if she had sharp claws that could kill me.
“But the fun is just beginning brother,” Tina smirked.
“You know what, you should stay. Come on Derek let’s ditch. See you guys Friday night, bye Tane,” I called over my shoulder as I started to walk away towards Dee and Cassie. I knew Derek would follow me after he said he’s goodbyes.
“I’m skipping out early,” I smiled at Dee and Cassie who were chatting at a table while Cory and Trevor were at the refreshments table. We had all gotten ready together before the dance at Dee’s house and we even took way to many photos of us in our dresses.
Dee wore her pink dress which was strapless and had black ribbon tied around the waist. The seam was curled underneath and puffy making the dress look even more elegant. Cassie’s dress was simple, strapless and yellow although it clung to her body perfectly and made her slight curves look smouldering and absolutely stunning.
“You go girl,” Cassie smirked while Dee looked like I had just told her that I was about to leave to have unprotected sex and do a lot of drugs.
“Are you sure?” Dee asked with her worried smile.
“We’re not going to have sex, we’re just going to make out a little.”
“Well you have to fill us in on what just happened with you and Tina.” Dee was looking at me curiously.
“I will. I’ll text you both later tonight,” I promised as I spotted Derek walking towards me.
“Have fun,” Cassie smirked just before I started to walk away.
“I always do,” I shouted over my shoulder as I reached Derek and grabbed his hand.
“Well camping is going to be very interesting,” I was already imagining Tina flirting with Derek and I wondered if she was like when I wasn’t around.
“Yeah I’m sorry about that Tina is . . . Well Tina, but Tina isn’t my girl.”
“Did you just call me your girl?” I smirked as we walked out through the double doors and down the steps.
“I did, do I get extra points?” Derek asked as we reached the bottom of the steps.
“I’ll have to think about it.”
We were parked at the Beacon Hills lookout which was a large cliff where you could see all of Beacon Hills. We had spent a few minutes taking photos before we started to turn up the heat.
We had been making out in Derek’s car for the last twenty minutes and I was very proud of myself. I had managed to keep my hands from creeping under his shirt, and I was still wearing all of my clothing. Now that I knew how much I had been torturing him, I decided to help him deal with his hormones and the shifting process by taking things slow, and heating things up very gradually.
“Come on I totally out did Freddie just admit it,” Derek breathed in my ear. We had shifted to the back seat and I was sitting in his lap.
“She doesn’t sleep in your room right?” I asked Derek. I knew Derek would never cheat on me but if Tina had the balls to openly flirt with him in front of me, she was capable of much more when I wasn’t looking.
“Of course not,” Derek replied before his lips trailed down my neck and kissed my collarbone leaving my skin tingling.
“Good. I’m surprised she hasn’t tried to sneak into your bed already,” I felt his lips as they made their way back up my neck, my jaw and finally they fell on my lips again. My hands started to creep under his shirt until I pulled them away. I swear they had a mind of their own. I loved the warmth and how connected I felt.
“The only person I want to share my bed with is you,” Derek pulled away and was practically panting just like I was,. I couldn’t help but laugh as I noticed the steamed up windows and Derek chuckled as well.
“Okay you totally out Freddie’d Freddie,” I smirked as I ran my hands through Derek’s hair. I loved head massages or even just people playing with my hair, it was the most relaxing feeling ever and I knew Derek felt the same way.

“Of course I did,” Derek smiled before he pressed his lips against mine again, although this time it was with force and a lot more passion. I felt his hands slide up my legs, stopping  halfway up my thighs. I kissed him back harder until my phone rang again for the fourth time.
I reluctantly pulled away and grabbed my phone as I got a text. It was from my mother.
Kristin you need to come home. You’re grandmother has something important to tell you.
There was still two more hours before my curfew, and I wondered what could have been so important.
“Is everything okay?”
“I don’t know apparently my Grams has something to tell me,” I stared at the message as if there was more to it and I just needed to concentrate to see it.
“Well let’s get going?” Derek gently moved me off of him and headed to the driver’s seat. I reluctantly followed. I didn’t want to leave yet, we technically had two hours before I had to be home, but it was clear the make out party was over for the night.

The atmosphere was tense. I felt it as soon as I walked through the door and it was almost suffocating, “This better be good!” I grumbled as I closed the door behind me and heard Derek beep before he drove away.
“We’re in the dining room,” mother yelled and I sighed before I forced my legs to follow.
“You know my curfew was in two hours right?” I crossed my arms over my chest as I slouched into the seat opposite my mother and grams.
“I know. I honestly didn’t expect to see you for another couple of hours but I’m glad your home.”
Mom almost looked proud but I was still annoyed, it was so typical that she would get in the way just when things started to get really interesting.
“So what’s the emergency?” I looked at my grams although she wouldn’t stop staring at the middle of the table and I started to worry.
“Grams?”
“Mother come on just say it,” mom tried to get Gram’s to talk.
“What is going on?”
“Mother?”
Silence followed.
“I’m sorry Kristin you have to forgive me,” Grams finally spoke and the worry seemed to double in size inside my chest.
What is she talking about? I wondered.
“Start from the beginning,” mom ordered and if I wasn’t so worried about Gram’s I would have told my mother to back off, and to give Grams some space.
“I asked Julian-” Gram’s started although she stopped and sighed.
“Come on mother.”
“Mom just stop and give her some space, and a minute,” I snapped. My mother wasn’t helping the situation, she was just making it worse.
“Fine,” mom threw her arms up in defeat and leaned back in her chair looking irritated and impatient.
“I asked Julian to-”
Suddenly the event replayed in my mind and I heard Julian and my Grams arguing about some deal.
“Bite me . . . How could you Grams?” I felt angry and betrayed. I didn’t think Grams was capable of something so reckless.
“You were meant to be one of us Kristin. The bite was going to turn you into one of us.”
“You can’t know that for sure, you risked my life!” I could hear the rage quivering in my voice.
“No you would have turned. I know. I can feel it. You’re meant to be one of us. Your life was never in danger.”
“Stop saying that! You can’t see into the future. You could have killed me do you even care?” I was starting to shout in frustration.
“Of course I care about you which is why I did it.”
“I trusted you. I believed in you! How could you do this to me? Who gave you the right to play God with my life?” I was gesturing frantically with my hands. Grams and I were so close, I couldn’t believe it.
“Kristin please I love you so much. I did it for you,” Gram’s eyes were pleading and begging for me to understand but I couldn’t. She couldn’t even see that she was in the wrong. That what she did was wrong.
I could feel the tears swelling in my eyes, “You don’t even get it do you?”
“Kristin please listen to me-"
“No! You were wrong. You are lucky, that by some miracle I'm still alive!” I felt the tears as they started to slide down my face and I ran to my room.
Belle was already in bed as I collapsed onto mine, and I couldn’t hold back the sobs any longer. I had trusted my Grams completely with my life and she had betrayed me in one of the worst ways.
“Kristin are you okay?” Belle asked as she walked over to my bed.
“I’m sorry,” I apologised.
“You don’t need to apologise,” Belle replied sweetly as she lay beside me. Her arms comforted me as my body shook with each sob.

I don’t know how long I had cried for, but eventually I fell to sleep with Belle’s tiny body hugging mine. I was grateful that I wasn’t alone. I felt like I had lost my grams completely.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
VOTECOMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY... XOX