Kristin: What the hell

I had only been back from school for half an hour when my stomach started to growl demanding to be fed. “Fine . . . Geesh,” I spoke to myself as I stopped watching The Simpsons re-runs and made my way to the walk in pantry. I was meeting Dee and Cassie at the Pizza Place in half an hour but a little snack wasn’t going to hurt.
What to choose? I thought silently as I tapped my finger against my lips. There were chips, fruit, muffins, scones, biscuits and bread.
Maybe a sandwich? No a muffin wait the scones look good. I sighed in frustration. I always had trouble making up my mind.
The front door slammed shut and for some reason I stood rigid and became very quiet. I thought it could have been my mother with Julian since they had been spending a lot of time together during the last couple of weeks.
I still didn’t like him although my mother had warmed up to him while my grams that seemed in love with him at first was now irritated with him.
But why? I wanted to know what was going on.
“We had a deal Julian. I’ve been waiting for two weeks!” I heard my grams as she threw her keys against the kitchen bench which resulted in a very loud thud!
What deal? I wondered.
“That was before I found out Courtney was single,” Julian replied.
Okay so I was wrong, he didn’t know my mother was single when he came to town, but there was definitely something up and my suspicions had just been confirmed.
“You will do it or else I will tell Courtney why you came back in the first place, and she will never speak to you again,” Grams threatened.
What the hell is going on here? I thought quietly to myself. I didn’t want to alert them to my presence.
“Now be reasonable Elle we’ve known each other far too long to be fighting over this.”
“You promised.”
Promised what? My curiosity was becoming unbearable like an itch I couldn’t reach. It was driving me crazy.
“I know but I still love Courtney.”
“I don’t care. We have a deal besides you already have a wife so get it done and go back home,” Grams ordered. I had never seen that side of my grams before she was a total badass!
Wait he already has a wife? I gasped unintentionally and worried that they had heard me.
Don’t be silly they don’t have super hearing. I reassured myself.
I heard footsteps gaining on my position and the door slid open, “Oh what are you doing in here?” My grams asked surprised.
Or did they? I shook off the idiotic thought.
Super hearing yeah right. I laughed to myself.
“Getting a snack,” I replied as grams took a few steps backward, giving me enough space to step out of the pantry. Julian was staring at me with a raised eyebrow and it made me feel uncomfortable- he made me feel uncomfortable.
“Find anything?” Julian asked.
“Nope I think I’m just going to wait for pizza,” I replied and left the room in the hurry.
What the hell was that? I asked myself again. The room was so tense you could have cut it with, well anything. I had no idea what they were talking about, and I couldn’t help but scoff at the fact that Julian had a wife yet he was trying to hook up with my mother. Part of me wanted to tell her that Julian was married but part of me also wanted to watch her suffer.
God I was a bitch.

The Pizza Place was half empty when we arrived, but just five minutes later it was practically full with chatter and laughter.
“Rob wants you bad!” Dee smirked at Cassie.
We were sitting at the booth in the Pizza Place drinking milkshakes and eating pepperoni pizza total cliché but the best tasting cliché ever.
“No way he’s a total jerk plus he can’t kiss to save his life,” Cassie laughed before she sucked up some chocolate milkshake through her straw.
“Maybe he’s better in the sack?” I suggested and Dee choked on her drink while Cassie laughed.
“What? I’m just saying,” I shrugged innocently.
“He’s cute but he has a huge ego plus everyone expects us to date and then we’d be the coloured couple like out of those cliché movies.”
“Well I agree with the jerk part which is why I think you would be really good for him,” Dee smiled hopeful.
“I’m not looking for an impossible project,” Cassie teased.
I was still hoping Cassie and Cory would get together.
“Fine no more talk about Rob,” Dee replied and smirked at me, and I knew it was going to be bad.
I put down my piece of pizza and waited for the questions to begin.
“Have you and Derek?” Dee asked and I didn’t need her to clarify what she was hinting at.
“No it’s only been two weeks since we became official plus I would have told you if we did,” It didn’t feel like it had only been two weeks. It felt like a lot longer as if we had been dating for years.
I was pleased with myself that I hadn’t screwed it up yet. The guarded side of me was finally starting to open up again although the not having sex part was starting to drive me crazy. I know you’re probably thinking it hasn't been that long but every part of me wanted Derek, although every time we made out in a private place and it got heated Derek would stop. It was the most frustrating feeling I had ever experienced.
Is he the sensitive type or is it me? I wondered to myself. How many girls had the problem of their boyfriends not wanting to have sex with them? My guess was none unless they were secretly gay or devoted Christians who didn’t have sex until marriage.
“You sound disappointed?” Cassie and Dee’s were both staring at me with curiosity.
“Why would I be disappointed? It’s only been two weeks since our real first date,” I replied although it didn’t look like they were buying my act for a second.
“You totally want to have sex with him?” Dee practically announced to the whole restaurant, and all the patrons stared at us for a few seconds before they went back to minding their own business.
“Maybe . . . Okay yes.”
“So why haven’t you?” Cassie asked while Dee looked worried.
“He wants to take things slow I guess.”
“That’s good,” Dee sounded like my mother.
“I’m not going to get pregnant or anything you can relax,” I assured Dee although she still wore her worried smile.
“Have you guys talked about sex yet?” Cassie asked before she took a bite of her pepperoni pizza.
“Nope I don’t want to pressure him,” I chuckled silently. In the movies it was usually the guy who wanted to have sex while the girl was the one who wanted to wait.
“That sentence just sounds weird coming from a girl,” Cassie teased and proved my point. At least I wasn’t the only one thinking it.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it? What do you think Julian promised Elle? I know you're probably thinking what’s with the song, but I think it suits the end of the chapter since Kristin wants to have sex with Derek.
VOTECOMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY... XOX