Derek: Post breakup

It had been three days since Kristin ripped out my heart. 72 excruciating and terrible hours. I’d barely been able to sleep or eat and I hadn’t been at school either. There was no way I could stand watching her talk to Cory who to my surprise didn’t press charges probably out of fear.
“Are you sure you don’t want anything to eat?” The waitress asked as she placed the steaming cup of hot coffee in front of me and onto my table. She looked to be in her late thirties and had dark curly hair like Kristin’s and I felt my fists clench in response. I was still angry and I was convinced Kristin left me for Cory which is why she didn’t give me a reason.
“No,” I replied more sharply than I had intended, but she didn’t say anything and just walked away back behind the counter as the bitter sweet coffee aroma filled my nostrils.
I was up to my third cup of coffee. I needed to get out of the house and I decided to go to the old Corner Cafe which was a place I knew Kristin didn’t hang out in. It was just after lunch time and the cafe was practically empty well apart from me and the young woman who had just walked in.
Her green eyes were staring at me as she walked over to the counter and ordered an iced coffee and I knew she was going to sit at my table even before she strutted towards me and pulled out a chair.
“Is this seat taken?” She asked as she flipped her light brown hair and smiled seductively.
Kristin dumped you dude it’s time for a rebound. My inner wolf spoke and I agreed with him. I had to get over Kristin. I couldn’t keep sulking like a pathetic little girl and it was time to have some fun.
“No go ahead,” I smiled as she took a seat and smiled at me.
“You looked wrecked no offence, hard day?” She asked which is when I noticed there was brown around her pupil while the rest was green, they definitely weren’t like Kristin’s blue eyes.
“Hard few days but they are looking better now.”
Real smooth dude just stop you’re embarrassing me. My inner wolf commented.
“Well I’m glad I could help,” She smiled.
She looked to be in her mid-twenties and I wondered why she was wasting her time on me. I was only seventeen and I was completely out of her league.
“Shouldn’t you be in school?” She added.
“I decided to have the day off.” I crossed my arms over my chest as if it proved my point that I was a bad ass, and my inner wolf cringed at my lame behaviour although I ignored him as per usual.
“Do you do that often?” She asked.
“Whenever I feel like it.”
“Well look at you breaking all the rules.” She smirked.
“What about you? Were you a rule breaker in high school?” I asked.
“What do you think?” She leaned forward and I could see straight down her top. It was definitely a good view, her skin was smooth and flawless.
“I think you drove all the guys crazy.” I was on a roll. It was like I had somehow recycled my anger and it was being used as positive energy.
“Well that’s a correct assumption, so do I still have it?” She asked as she looked at me.
“Definitely,” I replied as the lady with the dark hair placed the iced coffee in front of the young woman and I realised that I hadn’t asked her name yet.
“You know you are adorable. I love your green eyes?” She spoke as she dipped her finger into the cream and sucked it off of her finger seductively although I didn’t know why she was going to all the effort of trying to seduce me, she already had me.
“Thanks.” I couldn’t help but watch as she continued to dip her finger in the cream and lick it off, it was almost mesmerising and I instantly forgot what I was about to ask.
“I bet a cute guy like you has a girlfriend?”
“No girlfriend.” I somehow managed to say.
“You’re kidding right, but you’re so handsome, how can a guy like you be single?”
“I did have a girlfriend but she dumped me,” I watched as some cream got stuck onto the top of her upper lip.
“Well she is insane to dump you,” She smiled and noticed that I was staring at her lip, “Do I have something on my face?”
“Yeah on your lip actually.”
“Think you can help me?” She replied and leaned over the table.
I grabbed a napkin form the dispenser which was sitting in the table although she grabbed my hand before I could wipe it away.
“Don’t use your hands use your lips.” She smirked.
“My lips? But I don’t even know your name,” I stammered.
“Oh come on who cares about names anyway,” She moved closer towards me.
Come on! What are you waiting for? My inner wolf asked.
Nothing. I silently replied before I kissed the strangers lips and licked off the cream. It was exhilarating although it also felt surreal, like I was really day dreaming and it wasn’t actually happening.
“See that wasn’t so bad was it?” She asked as she sat back in her seat and smirked at me.
“How do you know I’m not secretly a serial killer or something?” I asked and wondered if she went around kissing strangers she didn’t know on a regular basis.
“How do you know I’m not secretly a serial killer?” She countered my question with the same one.
Honestly I didn’t know that she wasn’t. She could have tortured people in her basement daily and I wouldn’t have known, it wasn’t like I was psychic or anything.
“I don’t.” I replied simply.
“So what do you do on weekends since there’s no school to skip?”
“I hang out.”
“Want to hang out with me?” She asked as her foot ran along the inside of my leg.
“Sure I have nothing better to do.” I shrugged trying to act cool.
“Okay how about we meet her again, and then we can go somewhere quiet and have some fun unless you’re not over your girlfriend.”
“I’m over her. I can’t even remember her name,” I lied. I was far from over Kristin, she still haunted my memories and my dreams but I wanted to get over her. I wanted the pain to go away and I had a feeling the stranger could help ease my pain.
“Good. Same time tomorrow.” She said as she stood to her feet and took a few steps closer to me, “Something until we met again tomorrow.” She smirked before she pressed her lips against mine and stuck her tongue in my mouth, and then she was walking out the door and was gone before I could manage a response.
Okay what the hell just happened? I must be dreaming. I thought to myself as I looked around the room and found the waitress looking at me with a disapproving frown.
What? I didn’t do anything wrong. I thought to myself as I stood to my feet, downed the rest of my coffee and left.
If all that stuff with the mystery woman really had just happened than I couldn’t wait until tomorrow. I was going to forget all about the girl that broke my heart and stomped all over it. I had to. I needed to get my sanity back.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
VOTECOMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY... XOX