Kristin: Taken

My eyes fluttered open and I felt a shooting pain in the side of my skull. It felt like someone was repeatedly hammering against the left side of my head and I felt nauseated. Everything was out of focus as I continued to blink which is when I felt the rope as I tried to move my hands. They were tied together behind my back.
What the hell? I wondered to myself as I tried to stand up although I couldn't. My feet were tied to the legs of the cold wooden chair and I felt my pulse begin to race.
I was in a practically bare concrete room which had no windows and only one other chair which sat opposite me. I could have been three feet underground for all I knew.
There was one light which dimly lit the room and I could see the metal door. I watched as it opened and a brunette lady stepped into the room with a sinister smile on her face.
I gulped.
"Who are you? And why am I here?" I manage to choke out although I felt sharp pains stab the inside of my skull with each word that I spoke. I was barely able to hold back the wince that tried to escape. I wasn't going to show any weakness, not if I could help it.
"You're in no position to ask me questions?" She stepped closer until she was standing right in front of me. I could see her brown vacant eyes which were staring into mine and somehow I knew that the pain hadn't even begun yet which made me cringe.
"Just tell me what you want!" I demanded. All I could do was watch as her hand lifted into the air and connected with my face seconds later. My cheek burned and stung but I didn't scream, yell or cry.
I refused.
"Shut up. I'm the one asking the questions you understand?" She asked as she gripped my chin and forced me to look at her.
"Fine," I agreed and she let me go and took a seat in the wooden chair which sat directly across from me.
She reminded me of a wild animal, and I knew that it was going to end very badly for me. It took all my energy and self-control to keep myself from freaking out and losing my shit. I had to be strong.
"Good now I'm going to start with a very easy question. Where is Julian?"
"Julian?" I asked stunned and surprised.
Why the hell does she think I know where Julian is? I wondered to myself.
"Yeah are you retarded?"
"I don't know," I replied and she was on her feet and pulling on a handful of my dark hair before I could even blink. I let out a yelp unintentionally which made her smile triumphantly.
"You don't want to make me angry now do you?" She yanked on my hair again but I managed to hold back the scream.
"I'm telling you the truth. I haven't seen him since he ran from our house like a little bitch," I knew I was digging myself a deeper grave, but I wasn't going to cower either not for her, not for anyone.
She was back standing in front of me again and this time it was her fist that connected with my cheek instead of her hand. I could taste blood. My face was going numb and my eyes were tearing from the blow although I forced them back. I wasn't going to shed a single tear.
"You want me to hurt you don't you?" She asked as she grabbed the pink hair tie which was sitting on her wrist and tied back her thick wavy brown hair. I assumed it was meant to scare me but it didn't.
"You're going to anyway in fact you may as well just kill me because I don't know where you're pathetic husband is," I growled and she pulled a small knife from her jean pocket. It looked sharp and I could already imagine the pain it was going to bring.
"Why don't you just use your claws? Are you afraid you're going to break a nail?" I teased. I didn't know what was wrong with me. Why the hell was I taunting her when I was the one tied to the chair?
The knife connected with my shoulder and this time I wasn't able to hold back the small scream, it hurt like a bitch!
"Are you going to keep taunting me?" She asked as she twisted the knife and I cried out in pain. I swear I could even hear my flesh tearing.
"Just kill me please," I asked. Just the slight amount of movement sent sharp pains from my shoulder and I just wanted the pain to stop.
"Not until you tell me where my Julian is!" She sat back on the seat and left the knife sitting in my shoulder.
"I told you already I don't know!"
"No! You're lying he's alive . . . He has to be alive!" She was screaming and sounded as if she was pleading.
"I don't know anything," I replied and this time she unsheathed her claws and held them in my face, taunting me and reminding me that she could end my life with one swipe of her hand.
"You know these are very sharp. I could make you bleed out in seconds, is that what you want?" her claws almost seemed to shine under the dim light and I gulped as I stared at them. They were going to be the death of me.
"Why does it matter? You're not listening to me anyway."
"That's because you're lying," She hissed.
"Why would I lie if it's going to get me killed? If I knew where he was than I would tell you."
"You're protecting someone obviously," she ran a claw down my face and it sent chills down my spine which carried through my legs to the tip of my toes.
"I'm not protecting anyone. I don't know anything and my answer isn't going to change no matter how many times you ask me."
It was the truth. I had no idea where Julian was. Why wouldn't she listen to me?
"Why did you do this?" Her claws were digging into my shoulders as she yelled in my face.
"I didn't do anything!" I objected although she still wasn't listening to me.
"He was going to give you a gift and you do this- why?" I felt her claws pierce through my skin and I pressed my lips together before the squeal could escape. The pain was everywhere: my head, wrists, shoulders and my face.
"I didn't do anything!" I screamed and her claws dug in further. I had to use all my energy to hold back the wince that was threatening to escape. I had already given her too much.
"You're just hurting yourself," She removed her claws and sat back on the chair.
"Kidnapping is a crime."
"Just tell me where he is!" She shot to her feet and screamed in my face again and I felt my hear accelerate in response, "I'll let you live if you just tell me where he is. I need to find him to make sure he is okay."
"It sounds to me like you're going through the five stages of grief," I didn't look away like I wanted to- instead I held her gaze.
"I swear to god-" she started to talk.
"You'll what? You're going to kill me anyway so why don't you just hurry up you stupid bitch!" This time it was my turn to scream. The pain was becoming worse and my whole body was aching.
Her claws instantly moved to my throat and I knew what she was about to do. A few tears escape and slide down my cheek. I was going to die for something I didn't even do. My life was over and I was only seventeen years old.
"Next time I won't stop myself," She spoke through gritted teeth as she moved her claws away from my throat and rushed out of the room. I wanted to scream in pain and frustration.
I was stuck. I could barely move my wrists, and she was a freaking werewolf there was no way I was getting out alive.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
VOTE... COMMENT... FAN... ADD TO LIBRARY... XOX