Kristin: It's on like Donkey Kong

It was lunch break and I was sitting at a table beside Cory across from Cassie, Dee and Trevor. It had been two days since my date and kiss with Cory, and he was acting weird like we hadn’t kissed at all or even been on a date. Dee and Cassie assured me he was going to make a move and he was just being cautious.
Usually I made the first move but I didn’t know how I felt. I liked Derek and Cory and they were both good kissers although I was starting to decide Derek wasn’t worth the effort even if I did love kissing him a lot- a whole lot.
I had kissed him that morning and I couldn’t think about anything else. It was frustrating. I didn’t want to think about him or his jerky face. I knew he felt something but he was intent on pretending otherwise. It made me want to slap him then kiss him and scream from frustration.
“I’m thinking a party at my parent’s lake house to officially initiate Kristin into the group,” Cassie smiled pleased with herself.
“You make it sound like a cult,” I teased before I took a bite of my shiny red apple. I had been caught up in my own little world all morning and it was depressing. Cory took up half while Derek stole the other half and I was somewhere in between trying to decide which half of my world I was going to go to.
“Well don’t worry, we won’t make you drink a cocktail of our blood or anything,” Dee assured me.
“Well I can’t promise you that,” Trevor chuckled and Dee nudged him in the ribs with her elbow.
“Stop it,” Dee giggled before kissing Trevor quickly and I joined in with Cassie and pretended to vomit.
“I just lost my appetite,” Cassie teased.
“Oh please just wait until you’re in love,” Dee nudged Cassie.
“Moving on to a better subject. I can totally get my older sister to buy us some alcohol. It will be the best weekend ever!” Cassie smiled before she started to play with her barely touched yoghurt.
“You are not picking the music this time,” Trevor looked at Cory.
“Oh come on what’s wrong with country?” Cory asked.
“You like country music?” I asked him surprised and impressed.
“I do and I’m not afraid to admit it,” Cory smiled.
“Okay without thinking name your favourite singer and/or band?”
“That’s easy Jason Aldean and Rascal Flatts.”
“No way,” I eyed him suspiciously. He must have snuck into my room and searched through my music collection. I didn’t really believe in coincidences but there was the proof. Maybe I was more matched with Cory  rather than Derek who I still knew nothing about, not really.
“Yes way—why do you like them too?”
“Yeah!” I exclaimed.
“Awwww they’re getting to know each other,” Cassie teased.
“You totally ruined the moment,” Dee threw a scrunched up napkin at Cassie who hit it away with her hand.
“I don’t know how either of you can listen to country music,” Cassie shuddered and Dee and Trevor laughed.
“Well I don’t know how you live without it,” I replied and felt Cory’s arm wrap around my waist. At first I was a little surprised but it made sense. We had gone on a date and it had ended with an amazing kiss. He had finally found his balls and manned up and I wasn’t going to keep chasing after Derek anymore so why did it feel wrong?
“It’s very easy actually. My heart belongs to Ja Rule,” Cassie sighed.
 “Mine too,” Trevor held his hand over his heart and mimicked Cassie’s sigh and we all laughed.
Trevor was the funny guy and it was impossible not to laugh at his antics. I had a feeling he was going to end up as a famous comedian like Seth Rogan.
“I prefer Snoop Dog he’s a sexy beast,” Cory licked his lips and we couldn’t help but continue the laugh. It was totally gross and disturbing yet very entertaining. They were distracting my thoughts from Derek and I was very grateful.
“You guys are lame,” Dee teased and Corey got her in a head lock.
“What am I?” Trevor asked as he messed up Dee’s blonde hair. She was squirming and trying to break free from his grip although it wasn’t working.
“You’re amazing now quit messing up my hair,” Dee screeched and Trevor let her go before placing a small kiss on her forehead.
“Sex hair looks great on you,” Cassie laughed and Dee gave her the evil eye as she neatened her hair.
“You’re both evil,” Dee glared at Cassie and Trevor before smirking.
“Yeah but you still love us,” Cassie replied.
“Only because I have no choice,” Dee smiled and focussed on me, “So what do you say to a party this weekend?”
Cory had grabbed my free hand with his and I figured it was his way of asking me to say yes. It was in that moment that I realised Cory and I had just become official. I was excited but also disappointed, but I knew I had to at least try with Cory. I had to put Derek in the past and give Cory a chance. Cory was the one showing me how he felt. It may have taken him a couple of days but he wasn’t pushing me away.
He wanted me.
“Sure count me in,” I smiled and felt Cory’s arm wrap around me tighter.
“Ewww... Oh my god. How can you touch her? She’s probably riddled with sexual diseases. You know she has been with the whole basketball team. Well apart from my boyfriend of course since he has class,” Hayden talked loud enough for the whole cafeteria to hear and Hazel the red head bimbo and Leah the dumb blonde both laughed as they stood beside her.
“Well if it isn’t the slut brigade,” I stood to my feet and the cafeteria became completely silent and still well apart from a few gasps.
“You’re calling us sluts?” Hayden asked surprised.
I guess she expected me to run out of the room crying like a little bitch. To bad that was never going to happen.
“Umm . . . Yeah! Do you need me to say it slower so you can understand?” I deliberately paused for a second between each word. I was still pissed about Derek being an asshole and Hayden had been begging for an ass kicking and I was finally going to give it to her.
“Excuse me?” Hayden’s face was full of shock and it made me smile.
“Do you really want me to repeat it?” I asked. Everyone was sitting with their jaws hanging to the ground and even Cassie, Dee, Cory and Trevor looked completely shocked at how I was handling the situation.
“The only slut around here is you . . . Whore!” Hayden practically hissed and I laughed at her lame comeback which made her face turn a very bright shade of red.
“You really think I’m scared of you?” I stepped forward ready to rip out a chunk of her fake blonde hair.
“I will ruin you,” She warned as she put her hand on her hip and I rolled my eyes. What was she gonna do? Spread more rumours about me? I didn’t care what she told other people, they were morons if they believed the rubbish that came out of Hayden’s mouth.
“Your words don’t hurt me Hayden never have and never will. You’re pathetic! I’m not scared of you.”
“You will be oh and by the way don’t get too comfortable with Cory. He’ll probably dump your ass like your mother did your father,” Hayden laughed and my fist clenched instinctively and flew out aiming for her face.
I was going to knock out a couple of teeth and split her lip, at least that’s what I was aiming for. I knew it would get me labelled the psycho but I didn’t care. She had no right to talk about my family and she was going to pay.
I wasn't going to hold back anymore.
Just before impact Derek had appeared out of nowhere and grabbed my fist. I swear he must have done ninja training somewhere. How else could he be so stealthy and quick, it was unnatural.
 “What the hell!” I practically screamed and Hayden had stepped back in horror. I was out for her blood. I needed to hit her, just once and then I was going to walk away.
“Keep that crazy bitch away from me!” Hayden hissed as Derek dragged me away effortlessly. I was fighting with all my might to break free and hit Hayden while Derek was dragging me away like I was as light as a feather.
I wanted to know why Derek cared all of a sudden. I also wanted to hit him for interrupting my moment- who the hell did he think he was anyway?
“Next time I won’t be interrupted!” I promised Hayden as I fought against Derek’s grip around my wrist.
“What are you doing? Let her go!” Cory demanded as he followed behind me. He looked as angry as I felt and I was hella pissed.
If Derek didn't get out of my business I was going to get all up in his face with my fists, and I wasn’t going to hold back either.
“It’s okay Cory, I’ll be back in a minute,” I replied as Derek pulled me through the doors.
Even though fighting his grip achieved absolutely nothing other than slight pain I continued to try and break free. The bloodlust hadn’t died down, not even in the slightest. I had to hit something or rather someone.
I was going to have to settle for Derek.
He would do.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
VOTECOMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY... XOX