Derek: Say it

• Dedicated to My loyal readers. U guys know who u r, u rock!!!

I couldn’t stop looking at Cory and Kristin. He had his arm around her and it made me want to rip it off and beat him with it. The only thing that was stopping me was the roomful of witnesses.
Hayden and her minions approached Kristin and I knew Hayden was going to bite off more than she could chew. I drifted closer as the cafeteria became silent. Everybody was focussed on Kristin and Hayden and didn’t even notice me as I got closer to Kristin’s table.
“You will be. Oh and by the way don’t get too comfortable with Cory. He’ll probably dump your ass like your mother did your father,” Hayden laughed and I saw Kristin’s fist in slow motion as it flew for Hayden’s face.
I wasn’t in control of my body anymore as it grabbed Kristin’s fist before it could collide with the target. My over protective instinct had taken over and so had my anger and I wanted both of them to back off before they ruined my reputation.
Everything was going to change now and I didn’t want it to. I liked my life. I liked that the humans were afraid of me and I wanted it to stay that way, but I also wanted Kristin and I wasn’t going to let her stoop to Hayden’s level. Not when it would lead to Kristin being suspended.
“It’s okay Cory I’ll be back in a minute,” Kristin reassured Cory as I pulled her through the doors. I was surprised he didn’t try to pry her from my grip. He would’ve lost his fingers if he had of tried.
Great job idiot you should have let Kristin punch Hayden now people are going to think we like Kristin, which also means they are going to think we are capable of feeling emotions other than hate and love for torturing animals! My inner wolf scolded me but it wasn’t my fault. I wasn’t in control anymore.
“What is your problem Derek?” Kristin fumed as I continued to walk away from the cafeteria.
“You are!” I spat as Kristin continued to fight against me. I didn’t stop but kept walking until we were near the car park which was the closest thing to privacy.
“What the hell?” she screeched as she jerked her wrist free from my grip. It went straight for my face but I easily blocked it, and grabbed her hand before it had the chance to connect with my face. I watched intently as the rage seemed to soften across her facial features although I could still see the hold the rage had over her body.
“What do you think punching Hayden is going to prove?” My protective side asked as I let go of Kristin’s hand and it fell back by her side.
“Why do you care?” Kristin screamed and stared at me with her bulging blue eyes. Her body was shaking and I could practically see the steam coming out of her ears.
“Do you really want to end up at the principal’s office? I get the feeling you spent a lot of time there at your old school.”
“Only when people pissed me off. You can’t keep doing this to me Derek!” Kristin hissed and waved her arms around before sighing in defeat.
“I did you a favour and you’re welcome by the way.”

“Oh please you’re just jealous that Cory is actually manning up and making a move and not pushing me away,” She crossed her arms over her chest and stared at me, waiting for my comeback.
“I don’t care about you and Cory,” I lied and felt my nose grow a few inches in length. I hated that Cory had kissed Kristin and that he practically claimed her as his in front of the whole school.
“Yeah you do! So why aren’t you doing anything about it?”
“Because I’ll bring you down with me and they will start spreading rumours of you killing and stuffing animals,” I half lied. I was worried that everyone would start treating her different if we became a couple but I also knew Kristin didn’t care about that, but I didn’t want to tell her the truth either and I couldn’t tell her that I was a werewolf.
Part of me hated the way she made me feel. I couldn’t think about anything or anyone else. All I wanted was to be with her. I loved her temper, her blue eyes, the way she was able to make me laugh and how strong she was. I loved her fearless attitude and her cute laugh but I also hated how I felt like I needed her.
Ignoring my feelings wasn’t helping. I felt physically ill whenever I saw Kristin with Cory or thought about the two of them together, but the possibility of hurting her was stopping me from telling her how I felt.
You know what they say, practice makes perfect. My inner wolf spoke.
“Yes you are and I can’t keep waiting for you Derek it’s not fair on me or Cory. He isn’t afraid to show me how he feels and I’m over your hot and cold act. It’s getting old and I don’t have the patience.”
“So what you and Cory are dating now?”