Afraid of What? - Chapter 60

SAMANTHA'S POV:

"What are you most afraid of?" Nash asked me.

I just stared into space thinking of all those memories, those bad, bad memories all flooding back. I looked at Cameron, he's the only one that I ever told about this, not even my parents- well they aren't my parents. I told Cam right after we found out we we're brother and sister, he already felt like a brother to me and I knew I could trust him to keep it a secret.

"you don't have to do this" Cam said.

"uhh yeah she does man" Nash said.

"Nash you don't understand-" Cam started obviously mad at Nash, but I cut him off.

"It's fine, I'll tell them."

Cam got up and sat besides me, knowing I would need the comfort after telling Nash and Hayes what I was about to tell them.

"I'm afraid of my uncle"

I took a deep breath and started talking again.

"It all started about a year ago my parents- well strangers, they always went out on the weekends to have dinner and my uncle lived close enough that he would come over and watch me. We had a really good bond, then my aunt died. He went into a massive depression and started drinking. My "parents" didn't know about this and neither did I until one night he came to my house and he was way past drunk. He was slurring his words and it only got worse. My "parents" continued to go out every weekend and he came over every weekend. One night he was so drunk and I tried to help him, but the total opposite happened. He punched, hit, and kicked me anything you could name, he took it out on me. He told me if I ever told anyone the next time he came over he would kill me. This happened for about 6 months. I have scars but they are getting better now"

I showed them and they gasped, well except Cam because he already knew about it and was too busy hugging me. I continued my story,

"Then after those six months I got tired on constantly getting abused, one weekend while my uncle was watching tv downstairs I ran up to my room, locked the doors and went under my bed and called the cops. They took him away that night and all hell basically broke lose. He warned me that he would get his revenge. Now he's in jail, but he's being released soon and i'm afraid he's going to kill-"

I couldn't keep going, it was basically the end of my story and I was bawling now. I cried into Cameron's chest and he rubbed my back.

"Shhh it's okay, you're safe, everything will be alright, you're fine" Cam said.

I got myself all worked up and I couldn't stop. I hated to do this in front of everyone, but I really couldn't help it.

"Samantha i'm really sorry about making you tell me all of this, I should have stopped when Cam told me to." Nash felt really bad.

"It's ok it's not your fault Nash."

I gave him a hug. I looked around, but I couldn't find Hayes.

Where did my boyfriend go now?