Sandwiches - Chapter 8

I was about to go to the hammock in the backyard, but I got a text from Hayes saying

"From Hayes: Hey sorry meet me at the island instead"

Ok so I had to go back and get into my bathing suit and go to the island. I got on a paddle board and paddled to the island. I found a two person kayak when i got there and a note that said

go to the back of the island ~Nash

The back of the island had a little cave that connected to the ocean so if you swam under you could get in that way too. I walked into the cave and saw a table with sandwiches. Wow the Grier's really like sandwiches, I saw Nash, but Hayes wasn't there. 

Hayes popped out from the water and asked me to help him out. I reached a hand to him and he pulled me in. It was so unexpected that I almost forgot i had to swim back up to the surface. I asked him what this was for and he said he still felt bad about that day when carter and Nash ruined it by paralyzing me. I could not believe what i was hearing, Hayes still felt bad, he was the best boyfriend ever. We had the best time.

Hayes and I took the kayak back and Nash took the paddle board back. Hayes and I kept paddling in circles, we wern't really good at kayaking. We stopped for a minute and Hayes told me he wanted to tell me something. He told me he wanted to whisper it to me, so I leaned in and he kissed me. We smiled and started kayaking back to the house for real this time......