Life

Katya's POV

Mom and Damien still haven't told me fully what happened to Kieran. All I know is that he is away. But where he is I'm unsure of. They seem really upset.
Sometimes,I feel as though Kieran has died. I have tried to call him but it keeps saying that the number didn't exist!
I also wonder. Why would mom and Damien be so upset if Kieran was away? I mean he would return to us...wouldn't he?
Now I question myself everyday. What is the true story? Who do I believe? Who is telling me the truth? Who is telling me bullshit?
"Katya...how are you feeling?" Damien asked me as he walked into my room.
For the past few days I had not been out of my room much. If I did come out then I didn't talk. I ate very little and I could feel myself becoming weaker.
"Katya? Are you ok? Your very pale!" Damien said as he neared me. Panic flooded his voice. I didn't reply. Instead a tear which I had kept in rolled down my cheek.
"Katya don't cry! Please! Just talk to me. I haven't heard your voice in a week!" Damien pleaded me. I saw sadness in his eyes. Longing evident in them as well.
       I wanted to answer him...but he wouldn't tell me where Kieran was so I decided not to. I know you may think that I'm overreacting but it's been one week.
     That's seven days of me not knowing where Kieran is. Wether he is alive or not. Wether he is fine or not. Wether...he is managing or not. I don't know anything and I feel as though I am being kept in the dark because of this.
        I stood up and went into my ensuite bathroom.
"Katya! Katya don't do anything stupid!" Damien warned me as he banged the door ordering for me to open up.
        Did he really think that I was going to hurt myself? All I wanted was to know where Kieran was! It was as simple as that yet no one would bloody tell me! It was so annoying and fucking ridiculous.

Later...

I sat on my bed and picked up my phone. I slowly dialled Kieran's number and pressed the green Hutton.
"Please pick up! Please. Oh, pick up pick up!" I whispered hoping that Kieran would pick up.
"Sorry this number no longer exists plea..." the operator spoke and I slammed my phone down. Every time I called Kieran it said that his number wasn't real!
What had he done? What happened to his phone? Why did his number not exist?
I tried once again however I got the same answer. His phone number did exist...but why would it say that I didn't?

Damien's POV

Katya had been so quiet lately. I haven't heard her speak in ages and it's kind of annoying.
She barely eats anything and doesn't talk to anyone. Katya is always looking deep in thought. What was she thinking about which required so much of her days to think about?
"Do you think it's about time we told her?" Mom spoke to me.
"No way mom! You know that she will go crazy! I can't bare to see her upset! She's already locked herself in her room for a week. What will happen if we tell her? Mom, if Katya knows then..." I said before I was interrupted.
"Then what? What don't I know?" Said Katya. My eyes widened as I turned around and saw Katya standing at the door.
"Erm... nothing!" I quickly said.
"Stop lying! I'm sick of your lies. I've told you before and I'll tell you again, I know that something is wrong! If you won't tell me then I'll run away from home and never come back again!" She warned me and I knew that she could run away.
"Look Katya its not that big of a deal..."
"Not that big of a deal? Are you serious Damien Canali Romano? EVERYTHING is such a big deal! I don't even know how my brother is! I have tried calling him and it says that his number doesn't exist! Is that not a big deal?" She yelled in frustration!
"Katya calm down! I'll tell you where Kieran..." I began.
"No you fucking won't! You haven't told me anything for the past seven days! Why would you tell me anything now? Do you really think that I'm that stupid?" She spat bitterly.
"Katya please calm down! I WILL tell you where Kieran is!" I said trying to get Katya to calm down again.
"Just leave me alone!" She yelled and left the room. I sighed in frustration and saw my mom sitting on her bed sobbing.
"Mom!" I spoke as my frustrated expression melted into a soft expression. I sat beside her and gave her a hug in attempts of comforting her.
"Damien...Katya, what if she runs away! Damien we have to tell her. Damien she'll run away!" My mom panicked.
"Mom, calm down she won't! I won't  my let!"  I spoke.  
          Honestly, who would have thought that women could be so emotional and very angry! No offence!

Later....
I finally got mom to calm down. She was really upset about Katya leaving. Katya...let's just say she is still angry. She still hasn't ran away which is good but I'm scared because she has locked herself in her room AGAIN.
"Katya." I spoke softly as I knocked on her door.
"Piss off!" She spoke as her voice wavered and I could tell that she was crying.
"Katya please don't cry I'll tell you where he is. Just... let me in." I sighed.
"I'll only let you in if you tell me where he is. If you don't and you come in then I'll run away and I won't hesitate to do so." Katya warned me.
        I heard the lock of her door and before I knew it Katya had opened her door.
      I gave her a tight hug and she fell back slightly seeing as I kind of pushed her.
"Thanks for opening the door." I whispered into her hair as I hugged her.
"Where is he?" She asked as she pushed me away a little.
"Kieran? Oh...erm..." I muttered and laughed nervously. I looked into her eyes and say that she wasn't smiling. In fact, she was looking very serious. I stopped laughing and cleared my throat.
"Where is he?" She asked once again.
"Kieran...is on holiday. Yeah, he's on holiday to...Rio. He had to fix business back there with dad so he..." I trailed off.
"Show me some proof." She demanded. I gulped and pulled my phone out of my pocket.
      If this didn't work then I don't know what would. I sighed and unlocked my phone before looking through my gallery. I opened up a picture showing Kieran standing on the beach in Rio. I shakily showed Katya.
"Kieran?" She said, but I came out more of a question.
"Yeah, he sent me pictures of when he was at the beach." I replied.
"Wait, these are the picture from when we were in Rio three years ago!" Katya yelled in realisation.
"Damien you better have a good excuse for why your not telling me the truth because I will run away! Everything is already ready anyway!" She spoke as she pointed to her suitcase which was filled with her personal belongings.
"Katya don't! I'm sorry for lying. I can't tell you and I'm very sorry for not being able to do so!" I begged Katya not to leave.
"I'm leaving." She said.
"Fine, but if you leave then I'll kill myself with no hesitation!" I spoke. Immediately I heard Katya stop walking.
"What?" She whispered. I stood in front of her.
"I'll kill myself. Right here. Right now." I spoke and took my gun from my jeans. I pointed it at my head.
"No! Damien!" Katya shouted and grabbed the gun.
"I won't leave then. Just tell me where Kieran is?" She begged me to tell her.
"I-I can't. I'm sorry." I said and left her room. I went into my room,locked the door and lied down. I had had such a long day today. The last thing I wanted was to see Katya crying. Soon sleep consumed me.