What?

Katya's POV

I woke up in a hospital room. It was quiet. The only sound was someone crying. I tried to it up however failed due to my neck being strangely sore.
"W-what happened?" Was all that I said. That was all it took me for me to see my mother appear.
     I guess it was her who I heard was crying.
"Katya! Oh my god you scared me! Are you ok?" She asked me.
"I-I'm fine." I spoke.
"Don't you ever do that to me again! You scared the shit out of me!" My mom said fear lining her voice.
"Kieran?" I asked her as the memories from...yesterday? The day before? The memories from that day came back to me.
      My mom shut her eyes and tears slid down her cheeks.
"Mom, is he ok?" I asked quickly. Panic flooding me. Oh god what happened to him?
"Mom? Tell me! Where is he???" I shouted.
"H-he...Kieran...he..." my mom stuttered. She couldn't even speak clearly. She looked so scared and panicked.
"What happened to Kieran?" I asked her.
"He's..." my mom trailed off. Was Kieran dead? Is that why she couldn't bring herself round to answering my question???
       Suddenly, the door opened and a nurse walked in.
"Hi miss! How are you feeling?" The doctor asked me.
"A little sore and curious." I replied.
"Does your neck hurt?" She asked me.
"Yes." I spoke briefly.
"Well, that's no surprise seeing as you landed on your neck." The nurse said.
"Landed on my neck? What do you mean?" I asked completely confused.
"Miss Romano, you fainted and fell on your neck. Luckily your brother moved your head before it could get injured and so it only hurts. If he hadn't have moved your head you would be in severe pain and with a broken neck." The doctor informed me.
"Kieran... my brother! Where is he? What happened to him?" I asked the nurse begging her for an answer.
"I-I'm not sure honey! I'm sorry but you need to ask your mom." The nurse told me.
"Oh...ok. Thanks." I replied.
"I'll come back with some medicines in about an hour." The nurse smiled before she left the room.
"Mom! Where is Kieran?" I asked my mom.
"He's...erm...Kieran is..." she stuttered as tears poured out of her.
"He's away." I heard Damien's voice.
"Damien! What do you mean by away?" I frantically asked.
"He's on a long trip." Damien sighed as a tear ran down his cheek.
"Why are you crying? Please tell me! What happened to Kieran???" I sobbed. I was shaking and I was so scared.
"Excuse me? Sorry to interrupt you but that is you ok to go home Miss Romano." The nurse spoke.
"Thanks." My mom sighed as she wiped a tear off of her cheek and stood up.
"Let's go home." Damien said.

7:30pm Katya's POV

I lay in bed and rested my head against the headboard. I closed my eyes and sighed as I remembered me hugging Amelia.
         I remembered when I passed out. When Kieran was fighting against Amelia. I sobbed as I remembered everything that had happened.
      The only thing that I didn't remember was what happened to Kieran. In fact, because I wasn't conscious I didn't know.
       I don't know where he was. How he was? Or even if he was alive! I didn't know if he was injured. I didn't know anything.
       That is exactly what worries me. Damien and mom can't seem to tell me what happened to them. Does that mean that he is dead???

"Hey, hey Katya! Don't cry! What's wrong!" I heard Damien speak softly as he whipped my tears off of my cheeks.
"What happened to Kieran? Where is he? Please tell me. What are you hiding from me? Don't even think about hiding it from me because I know that your not telling me something!" I yelled.
"Katya calm down. He...he's ok. Kieran is absolutely ok. Ok? Don't worry about him!" Damien spoke as he wiped tears off of my cheeks.
"Where is he?" I questioned once again.
"He... he is with...erm..." Damien stuttered.
"I know your lying!" I yelled.
"Kieran is with dad. Ok! He's fine. I already told you! Ok, now can you please stop crying!" Damien pleaded.
"O...ok ok. I'm sorry." I spoke as I wiped my tears. Damien hugged me. I hugged him back and then he kissed my cheek and left my room.

Damien's POV

I walked out of Katya's room. I sighed as I walked  into my moms room.
"Hey mom." I said softly.
"Hi." She replied and by her voice I could tell that she was crying.
"Mom, please don't cry. Ok? Kieran is alright." I sighed.
"He's dead!" She sobbed.
"He's...dead." She repeated and sobbed even more.
"Mom! Don't say that! I know that he is stronger than that. I know that he won't just let a knife kill him. I know that he won't leave without Shimmer and their child. I know that he is alive!" I replied.
"Did you see him Damien? He was drowned in his blood! My baby is dead!" My mom yelled as she sobbed harder.
"Mom..." was all that I could whisper before I too began to sob.
      Was it true? Would Kieran die and leave this world with Shimmer in a coma? Would he not even bother to say goodbye? Not even to mom?

Later...

I'm emotionless now. I don't feel anything except from pain. That's all I'll ever feel!
       Kieran was dead! That was the truth. It pained me to say it but he left me. My best friend/brother/fighter left this world without one goodbye.
     I imagined what life would be like if... if I were there. What I'd have said. Or if I'd have wrote a letter.

Dear Kieran,
                       Hey bro! How are you? Are you ok? How's life? Well, I should have said how is death?
      Why did you leave me and not say goodbye? Katya knows that something is wrong, but how do I tell her that...your not here? How do I handle her when she'll burst out crying.
       She'll cry and not eat and then become ill. Kieran why did you do this to me? At least you should have warned me. Told me that your may leave.
    What about Shimmer? What about your child? How did you leave them? Kieran please come back. I can't live this life knowing that my brother isn't there to help me.
        Why did you leave so soon? Kieran please come back. I didn't ever want you to leave us in this state.

P.S I'm waiting for you to return.

Love you always,
                            Damien xxx