Shimmer Dying?

Kieran's POV

I sighed in frustration as I sat at the desk. The nurse got me someone who had looked after Shimmer since she had been in a coma.
"What's your name?" The Woman asked me.
"Kieran Romano."
"How are you related to her?" She then asked me. I hesitated.
"Her husband." I spoke softly.
"Well, that's fine. Now moving on to talk about Shimmer. She is doing very... bad. She did show small signs of recovery such as waking up only once, however there is a very slim chance that she will survive. Shimmer is currently... not doing very well. She has fought well for the past few months, however now she is losing her battle. I'm sorry Mr Romano but you wife- Shimmer Sutherland, may never wake up from her coma. According to our results she is dying. She has a few days left. If she is going to survive then she will have to wake up soon, otherwise that will be her dead." The nurse informed me.
       My eyes widened. My heart beat increased. My life was about to shatter.
      This is it. Either Shimmer dies or she lives. What was I going to do?
"Isn't there not something that you can do?" I asked desperately wanting my Shimmer to survive.
"I'm afraid not sir, we have gave her medicines and treatment in order to help her however she hasn't responded to them." The nurse said with sadness. I felt tears forming in my eyes.
"I'm sure there is something that you can do! Anything? Please just make her wake up!" I nearly shouted.
"Sir, she is dying and you must face it. There is nothing we can do. Now I must leave." The nurse said before getting up and leaving.
       As soon as she left my tears came out. I sobbed and sobbed. That's it. I have to face it - wether I like it or not. Shimmer is dying.
       My heart ached. How could this happen? Shimmer  is a fighter. Literally, she fights at Nightfall. How can she not survive?
      My baby! My son or daughter will die too! Oh my god! I held my face and sobbed hard. I couldn't believe it.
      The day which I dreaded terribly actually came. The day which I was told that Shimmer would not survive. I sobbed as if my life depended on it.
       I couldn't bare the pain. What now? I live my life knowing that Shimmer and my baby aren't going to be there. Knowing that Shimmer will never be with me. Knowing that I will never be able to hear her sweet voice. That I'll never see her smile again. Or that I'll never hear her moan my name when I fuck her so hard that she can't even walk straight the next day.
      How would I survive? I shook my head with fear. Maybe she would be ok. Maybe she will wake up. Maybe she will be there for me. Maybe I will see her beautiful smile. Maybe I...
      I sighed and shook my head. My mind was like a train. I was starting to feel dizzy.
    I then shakily stood up and walked to the door. I opened the door and bumbled into someone who stumbled back. I looked down to see nurse carrying a clipboard in her hand as well as a pen.
"Sorry!" We both said in unison.
"It's fine." I said as I wiped my eyes.
"Are you Mr Romano?" The nurse asked me.
"Yes." I nodded a yes.
"I was told that you wanted to meet Shimmer Sutherland. Well, you can come now. There is space for you to meet her before the meeting times are over." The nurse informed me. I nodded as she beckoned me to follow her.
       As we went to Shimmer's room I noticed that we didn't go in the same room which I did the other times I came here.
     Finally we reached Shimmer's room. I realised that it was beside Damien's. Maybe I'd go visit him.
"I'll... leave you to it." The nurse searched for her words. She then shut the door and left.
"Shimmer! Can you hear me?" I asked her rhetorically. I knew she couldn't.
"Please wake up!" I said - sadness evident in my voice.
"Please don't leave me. The doctors are saying that... your dying! I don't want to lose you!" I spoke to Shimmer. I then held her hand.
      Suddenly, I felt movement. Shimmer moved! I didn't move her she actually moved!
"Shimmer?" I nearly said as a question. Her hand moved again. My eyes widened. Was Shimmer alive?
     I quickly called... no shouted for a nurse. If Shimmer was surviving then I want to know.
"Sir you just leave!" The nurse said to me. I shook my head, I wanted to stay with Shimmer.
"We must see if she is recovering. If she is then... she may live." The nurse continued. With that said I quickly got out of the room.
        A smile lit up my face for once. Shimmer may survive! I couldn't believe it. I'll get my Shimmer and my baby.
     I sat on the seat outside Shimmer's room. I then remembered that I'd go to see Damien.
     I stood up and walked over into his room.
"Kieran!" Damien smiled.
"Damien!" I hugged him hard. I was always close to my brother, but when Shimmer came... I guess we parted. We didn't talk too much to each other and if we did talk then it was always about the Mafia.
"How are you?" I asked my brother.
"Not bad, as long as I have Maria then I'm perfect!" My brother smiled back.
"Have I missed anything?" Damien asked me.
"Well, other than me going into depression then not much." I said.
"Depression?" Damien looked shocked. It pained to see my brother upset.
"I'm fine now." I added.
"No our not! Have you been to any therapies or whatever you get when your in depression?" Damien asked me concerned.
"No, but I'm recovering." I explained, in attempts to reassure my bro.
"How Shimmer?" Damien asked quickly. A tears fell when my brother said Shimmer's name.
"Is she ok?" My brother asked me as he held my arms.
"She...she's dying!" I cried. Tears ran down my cheeks.
"Dying?" Damien whispered in shock. I nodded.
"No! She isn't! Shimmer is strong and she will survive." My brother said. Even though I knew that that was extremely unlikely, it reassured me. I gave my brother a tight hug.