Attack

I had been weeks since Shimmer first went into her coma. I was starting to get worried now. What if she never woke up? What if she left me, in this harsh and lonely world of misery? I shook my head. She couldn't leave me! I wouldn't be able to survive this cruel life! I'd be broken for who knows how long!
"Honey! Why is my baby crying?" I heard my mom rush towards me. She wiped my tears.
"Will Shimmer ever wake up?" I asked her.
"... I have no idea." My mom hesitantly said. This made me cry more.
"What if she doesn't? I'll be left alone! She can't leave me mom! She just can't ! I won't be able to survive living my life without her! She literally holds my life together." I sobbed. I couldn't help it. I felt so weak and helpless.

"Kieran! We're fucking under attack!" I heard Damien shout. I heard gunshots and agonising screams.
I shot up from my bed and grabbed two guns from my bedside drawer. I ran down to see some unknown people in our villa. Well outside the villa.
I rapidly ran outside. My breathe was caught in my throat. One man had Giovanni in a chokehold. Without hesitance I shot the man. He fell to the floor like a rag doll.
The other men looked at me. They all shot glares at me. Suddenly one man who was about 5"3 pointed his gun towards me.
The other men fought Damien, Taylor and Christiano. He pulled the trigger with a smirk. I ducked it barely and heard the glass door shatter behind me. I took my chance to shoot him when he didn't realise that he didn't actually hit me.
He screamed and fell in his tracks. I looked at the scene in front of me. Two men were fighting Christiano. They didn't seem to be equipped with any weapons however they were bulky. One man had Damien on the floor. I growled in anger. Taylor on the other hand had four men on him at the one go. Two men were punching him whilst the other two held him down. I pulled the trigger on both of my guns and within seconds all of them were dead. Four down, three to go, I thought. I then saw another group of men invade our villa. Fuck! There were at least 10 men!
"Backup!" I shouted for the other men to come.
Almost, immediately some of my other men ran into the scene. They saluted at me as he pulled out their guns.
Aldo shot two men at the same time. Soon there was blood everywhere. I punched the fat man who was attacking Damien. He grunted and fell to the ground as I kicked him harshly in the back of his knee. Damien took the chance to escape from the fat mans grip. He kicked the mans face before he shot him.
We had got most of the men away or dead. Some pussies ran away.
I choked as one man had me in a chokehold. I tried to get out of his tight grip however I just couldn't. I felt the man being ripped apart from me and I fell to the ground choking. I looked to see that my saviour was Damien. I spluttered and coughed.
Damien punched the man in the face and kicked him in the balls. He groaned and held them. Damien put his gun to the mans head.
"No! Please!" He screamed. Damien sighed.
"Leave! Don't come back!" He snarled. Damien watched the man leave.
I stood up and turned to walk back inside when I heard a gunshot. What the fuck?
I turned around to see that the man had a smirk on his face and he had just shot... Damien! Damien looked at me in agony as he held his wound. Blood poured out of him as he fell to the ground. My heart screamed in anger. I quickly emptied my bullets into the man who shot Damien. He died within the 3rd bullet reaching him.
Then my emotional side took over me. I broke down beside Damien.
"Damien! Are you awake?" I asked him as I tried to listen for a heartbeat.
"Kieran! I love you! Tell mom... I love her..."Damien said barely whispering. He then slipped away. I screamed.
"Nooooooo!" I was in so much shock that I actually called for an ambulance. We didn't usually take an ambulance. We normally had men that were trained in medicine. They stitched us up and helped us.
My sobbing came uncontrollably! I cried and cried until I heard the sirens of the ambulance. I looked up to see a man and a woman rushing towards me. I helped them out Damien on a bed.
When I turned around I saw my mom. She was in shock. She was sobbing like never before. She was always very formal and never let her emotions to be shown. But now her posture was bad and she was sobbing so badly. I hugged her as she sobbed into my blooded shirt. Some blood of my own but most of it from unlucky men.
"Can we come too?" I asked not wanting to leave Damien alone.
"In the back." The woman pointed to where Damien was. I nodded a thanks and helped my mom in. We both sat in the seats provided.
It was quiet. Well, apart from the sound of sobbing and the ambulance van thing hitting speed bumps in the road.
"Mom." I finally managed to speak as I wiped my tears.
"Kieran! Damien... he..." she said in shock.
"Mom. Calm down!" I pulled her into a hug, she sobbed and sobbed.
"He'll be fine." I said through tears, or so I hoped he would. But to be honest I didn't know if Damien would be fine.
"No! He won't! My poor baby! He... he's... d-dea..." my mom panicked.
"No. Don't say that Dami is dea..." I whispered putting a finger on her soft lips to stop her from saying the most horrible thing that I'd hear.

At the hospital...
My mom was still crying. I managed to stop somehow. I guess I was too busy in thought. Questions and thoughts and emotions ran through me at the same time.
I felt sad, overwhelmed and anxious. Maybe even lonely!
There were many questions that were nagging me.
Would Damien be ok? Will he live? Is Shimmer fine? Will she wake up? Is my baby fine? Will my mother ever survive if Damien... dies? Will he recover fully?

"Ma'am and sir. We have some things which we need to talk about. Can you follow me?" She asked as she started walking. I helped my mom up, and she shakily walked with me. We followed the nurse into a small room not too far off from the waiting area.
"Take a seat." She said as she beckoned us over. I slowly took a seat. My mother sat down as well.
"Is my son ok?" My mom asked suddenly.
"He... he" the nurse struggled to find the correct words.
"Is Damien ok?" I shouted as my emotions poured out of me. The nurse jumped in fright and exhaled.
"Damien may survive. We haven't been able to get the bullet out yet as it is in deep. His tissues are broken and damaged badly. Also, we think that he may... be going into a coma soon!" The nurse blurted out.
"Damien!" My mom cried.
"You have to save him!" She whispered.
"Ma'am we are trying our hardest. Like I said the bullet is in fairly deep and we are not able to get it out yet. But we will try our best!" The nurse said as she looked at my mom.
"Get the bullet out! I don't care how much it costs! Just get it out!" I shouted to her. She nodded. We left the room in complete silence.
Great now two people who I love the most are in comas! Will they ever survive? I know that Shimmer had been in her coma for four weeks now. That's a month. Damien may be slipping away to the darkness for who knows how long! God! I didn't know how I'd be able to live. Shimmer, my love is in a coma for a month now in total with my baby! She still hasn't showed a single sign of recovery, but at the same time she showed no signs off death.
Damien, may be going into a coma. I felt shocked by this. He was my only brother and I would do anything for him. If only I had taken the bullet. If only I wasn't in a state of shock then maybe it would be me who was going into a coma. Not my brother. Maybe it would be me to die. Not Damien. He did nothing to deserve this! Why did he get shot??!!!
I then broke down. I was shaking and all of my tears raced down my cheeks. I didn't care if people around me were looking at me as if I was an idiot. I just wanted my brother to be fine.
Shit! What about Maria!? I had totally forgotten about her! She was my brothers wife! She cared very much for him. They loved each other so much. Their love story was like a movie. It was quick and successful!
They fell in love, dated and the Damien proposed! They married almost a year ago and they are still crazy about each other. I sometimes envy their love. Why couldn't my love life be like theirs? They had no drama! My love life was full of drama!
In fact my love life could be on Netflix. It could be called ' Love Is Pain!'.