80. WWYD

Song: Where is the love - Black Eyed Peas

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - Lucas Scott One Tree Hill

***

"Are these the last things?" A man asks Hera.

She was currently at Jess' apartment where she'd come to grab Alexandria's stuff and hers.

Hera glances around.

"Yes, I can take the rest myself. Thank you," She says to E's assistant who'd come with a couple of men to help her move while her daughter and E hung out.

Considering the two had not seen each other for so long and once they did, Alexandria spent the day with Lexis. Hera wanted to make sure E had his ample time with her alone.

The assistant nods and leaves the apartment with the last bag as Hera glances around remembering all the memories she'd shared with Jess in it.

Conflicted by the time and memories they'd shared, the good and bad.

Was this it for them? Were they never going to be friends again? She wonders as she turns around and flitches, startled by the presence of Jess by the door.

Hera bites and releases her lips.

She had specifically come at this time to avoid meeting Jess yet here Jess was in front of her.

"You're moving out?" Jess asks after a while.

Hera nods not sure what to say.

They both stay silent.

"You know I only meant well right?"Jess says.

"I do, I just don't know if I can ever truly fully trust you again," Hera replies.

Jess stays silent.

"If you were me what would you have done?"Jess asks.

"Tell the truth,"

"Is that why you told Lexis you didn't know him?" Jess says in reference to Hera's lies while Lexis was still without his memories.

"Wow Jess," Hera says but shocked and disappointed yet hurt by the truth of the words.

"I'm sorry," Jess says seemingly suddenly realizing what she'd just said.

"I didn't mean that, okay I did but not like that. I understand why you lied," Jess says and sighs.

"I'm rambling,"  She says running her hands through her hair.

"Look I'm sorry Hera, I truly am," She says.

"I believe you," Hera replies.

They both stay quiet.

Hera looks around awkwardly.

"What are you doing  here? Shouldn't you be at work?" She asks as the thought resurfaces.

"I quit," Jess replies.

"WHAT?! Why?" Hera asks in shock.

"When I accepted Lexis' offer to work with him and aid him in winning I violated the ethics of a lawyer,"

"They found out?" Hera asks worried.

"No,"Jess says and smiles. She walks in removing her shoes. She drops it on the rack and walks towards the fridge while Hera looks on at her back.

"Then why did you quit?" She asks.

"Because it was the right thing to do," Jess says.

"I don't get it, why?"