24. Two Alexander's

Song: Stay - Rihanna

George Bernard Shaw once wrote; 'There are two tragedies in life: one is to lose your heart's desire, the other is to gain it.' Clearly, Shaw had his heart broken once or twice." - Brooke One Tree Hill.

***
Shakespeare slowly sneaks out of the chair attempting to sneak past her mum unnoticed.

"Shakespeare you stop right there," Hera says stopping the little girl in her tracks who knew she was in big trouble since her mum had called her full name.

She'd woken up to an empty room, with no sign of Lexis or her daughter. She'd freaked out thinking Lexis had gotten his memories back and had taken Shakespeare away from her. She'd rushed out in fear only to hear the sound from the kitchen of their voices and upon walking in she finds the two culprits about to eat ice cream like nothing happened when she'd almost lost her mind thinking the worst.

She was mad that there were having a blast while she almost had a heart attack, that they didn't know what they did wrong, that Lexis was out of bed when he was sick, happy and thankful that they were both okay yet irritated that Lexis was giving Shakespeare ice cream so early in the morning. She was a mix of various contrasting emotions. She shuts her eyes and opens it letting out a heavy sigh.

"Shakespeare Alexandria?" Lexis asks.

Hera bites her lips, how could she have been so stupid to call Shakespeare by the name Alexandria in front of Lexis?! It was a habit she'd formed whenever she was serious or mad at Shakespeare hence she'd said it out of habit forgetting that Lexis might catch it and ask questions, surely he hadn't realized the connection right?

"It makes sense now," Lexis say further scaring Hera.

"What makes sense?" Shakespeare asks while Hera looks on too scared to speak.

"I was thinking how weird it was for a girl to be named Shakespeare wondering who'd do that but I was wrong, your name is Alexandria. I'm guessing Shakespeare's your dad's name," Lexis says.

"Huh?" Hera says half thankful for the wrong assumption and half speechless at the conclusion he'd come to.

"Noooo~ my name's Shakespeare Alexandria, dads name is Alexander not Shakespeare!" Shakespeare blots out before Hera could stop her.

"Your dad's name is Alexander?" Lexis asks.

Hera glances at Shakespeare who was already shaking her head vigorously.

"Mr Airport what your name?" Shakespeare asks.

"Alexander...my name is Alexander..." Lexis says his eyes moving from Shakespeare to Hera.

"Alexander Reynolds...her father's name was Alexander Reynolds," Hera quickly says cutting him off.

"Reynolds? Alexander Reynolds?" Lexis asks.

"But mummy I thought..." Shakespeare starts but gets interrupted by her mum who asks.

"Do you still want the ice cream?"

"Yes!!" Shakespeare screams forgetting all about her previous aim happy that she might actually get to have some ice cream.

"Then go brush your teeth," Hera says. Shakespeare screams in glee and rushes out of the kitchen.

Lexis chuckles.

"I thought...I actually thought..." Lexis says.

"Thought what Mr Black?" Hera asks.

"That I'm..." He pauses deciding it was better not to voice his ridiculous thoughts which she might deem crazy.

"I guess the drugs must be really getting to me," He says seating down.