25. New Beginnings

Song: Cold Water - Major Lazer from Justin Bieber &Mo
Lol it should be hot water not cold...You'll get the reference later...

"There are two tragedies in life: one is to lose your heart's desire, the other is to gain it."  -- George Bernard Shaw

Brooke: "George Bernard Shaw once wrote; 'There are two tragedies in life: one is to lose your heart's desire, the other is to gain it.' Clearly, Shaw had his heart broken once or twice."

Nathan: "As far as I’m concerned, Shaw was a punk! 'Cause you know what? Tragedies happen. What're you gonna do, give up? Quit? No. I realize now that when your heart breaks, you gotta fight like hell to make sure you’re still alive. 'Cause you are, and that pain you feel: it's life. The confusion and fear.. that's there to remind you that somewhere out there is something better. And that something is worth fighting for."

Haley: "This year, I got everything I wanted and everything I wished for.. but, in a way, I lost even more" One Tree Hill.

***
Lexis stays quiet in thought watching Shakespeare eat or rather drink - considering it was melted - her ice cream when a thought crosses his mind.

"That makes no sense," He says.

Hera who is standing by the door glances at him.

"Did you name your daughter?" Lexis asks Hera.

"Why does that matter?" She asks.

"Because except you have a case of Stockholm syndrome it doesn't make sense that you'd name your daughter after an abusive husband," Lexis says.

"What?" Hera says flabbergasted.

"What are you talking about? Alexander was never abusive," Hera says.

"He wasn't?" Lexis asks.

"Of course he wasn't! What on earth would make you say or think of something so ridiculous?" She says.

Yes she wasn't ready to tell Alexander the truth but she couldn't allow Lexis' name to be soiled.

"Your scars," He says causing Shakespeare to look up towards her mum.

"My scars?" Hera says.

"I saw them the first day we met," He says.

"And from just that you assumed I was abused by Shakespeare's father?" Hera asks wondering how he could have come up with such a notion.

"Well your daughter did say you were coming to America to meet her dad but you don't seem to have any plans of meeting him hence I assumed you ran away from him but then again she said she hasn't seen him since she was born so I assumed you ran away upon finding out you were pregnant with her but then if you named her Alexandria after her dad it makes no sense that you were abused by him except you have a case of Stockholm syndrome the story doesn't add up," Lexis says.

"Shakespeare go play in your room," Hera says with a sharp tone.

"But mummy..." Shakespeare starts not wanting to leave and miss out on this discussion that she didn't fully understand but yet wanted to listen to.

"I said go to your room!" Hera says.

Shakespeare reluctantly gets up pouting and leaves the kitchen.

"Mr Alexander Black, firstly I don't appreciate you speaking of such things in front of my daughter. Secondly, I ask that you please refrain from making false assumptions, next thing I know you'll claim to be her father. Lastly Shakespeare's father never once laid his hands on me I'd appreciate it if you don't soil his name and memory with such a hideous and false notion," Hera says.