81. Don't go

"John Steinbeck once wrote; 'It seems to me that if you or I must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying and try so to live that our death brings no pleasure on the world.'" -Lucas Scott One Tree Hill.

"Oliver Wendell Holmes once said: Many people die with their music still IN them. Too often it is because they are always getting ready to live...Before they know it...time runs out." -Lucas Scott One Tree Hill

Yay I can FINALLY use this song!

Song: Hold On -Chord Overstreet

***

"Lea," Peter says.

"No Peter, I'm done keeping this a secret, it's time someone told him the truth. I've swallowed his insults for too many years. I'm done," Lea says letting out a heavy breath.

"Your mother, my sister," Lea says slapping her chest.

"Asked me to take care of you when she attempted to kill Nathan one night,"

"You're lying,"Lexis says taking a step back.

"I couldn't be more honest about anything in my life. Your dad never.."

"Lea!" Peter says holding her arms.

Lexis looks from one to the other.

"I've already said it all, he's not dumb," Lea says jerking her arms out of his hold.

"Your dad never cheated on your mum Lexis, your mum, Rose cheated on him with his brother Ryan," Lea says.

Peter sighs turning around and running his hands through his hair.

"Not true," Lexis says shaking his head.

"I have the best proof, Nathan,"

Lexis forehead furrows as he raises his eyes to look at her with a confused and weary look.

"Nathan is the result of her affair. Not your fathers, not mine but your mom and his brother'. A result that made Ryan commit suicide to escape the consequences of his action," She says as Lexis places his hands against his chest breathing heavily.

He opens his mouth but struggles for words as his chest constrains and his head drums painfully.

"A suicide that in turn drove my sister mad finally leading to her killing herself to go be with him. A result that turned the innocent Nathan into an orphan, cost you your mum and sanity for..."Lea says as Lexis falls to the ground blacking out.

                                                                  ***

Meanwhile at Jess' apartment,

"Let's starts afresh?" Jess says to which Hera nods, a smile on her face.

"Hi I'm Hera Reynolds," She says.

"Jessica Jones,"Jess says.

They both chuckle.

"No more lies?" Jess says.

"No more lies," Hera promises as her phone rings.

She picks it up and looks at the caller ID.

"It's Maeve," She says.

Jess gestures for her to answer.

"Hello?" She says answering.

She listens in for a few seconds before her hand goes weak causing the phone to fall out of her hands to the ground.

Jess glances at her.