18. Mixx

Song: That's how you know - Nico & Vinz ft Kid ink & Bebe

"Henry David Thoreau once wrote: 'Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit and resign yourself to the influences of each.'" Lucas Scott One Tree hill.
***

"I'll be back to pick you once I get done okay?" Hera says to Shakespeare.

They were currently at Mixx where Hera was to start her orientation for work. They had hired and trained their administrative staff but hadn't done any for the front and lower staff members.

She was dropping off Shakespeare at the daycare which was currently holding a trial run / training session with children of the employees.

"Don't worry, she'll be safe with us," The lady in charge of the daycare says.

Hera nods and kisses Shakespeare before turning to leave.

"Mummy!" Shakespeare calls out to Hera.

Hera stops and closes her eyes worried that Shakespeare was going to put on a tantrum. She turns.

"Here, if it's bowing I'll be there with you and make it not bowing," Shakespeare says handing Hera a book from her backpack.

Hera looks down at it.

"Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice"

Hera had started re reading it the night before to get answers on the questions troubling her mind.

She smiles.

"Thank you," Hera says to her daughter who smiles, calls out, "bye" and runs inside to make new friends.

Hera follows the directions placed for the new staff making her way towards the orientation hall. On arrival, she is handed a couple of forms and tax documents to fill out after which she is lead to an auditorium filled with other employees.

She finds an empty row, chooses a seat close to the door at the top and sits down. Looking around, she notices the various people around her all of different races and ages. Letting out a deep breath, she opens her book and starts reading to while away time.

Meanwhile, outside of Mixx, Lexis had arrived with Maeve to welcome the new employees.

"Where's our first stop?" He asks Maeve.

"The daycare, training started a week ago for them," She says to which he stays silent going over documents.

"Hera Reynolds should also be at the orientation today," Maeve says.

Lexis stops turning the pages of the document in his hand and throws it against the chair next to him. He buttons up his coat.

"Lets go," He says.

The driver and Maeve get out. The driver opens the door for Lexis who walks into the building with Maeve.

Upon stepping in Lexis halts at the sight of the people lined up in the main hall.

"What's going on here?" Lexis asks frowning.

"The department heads wanted to welcome you," A lady says stepping forward.

"And you are?" Lexis asks.

"The Manager Cynthia Sanders," She says proudly.

"I see," Lexis says and turns to Maeve.

"Seeing as even after spending the thousands we did on training our administrative staff their head doesn't seem to have learned anything, get a new Manager," Lexis says as the staff members all gasp in shock while the Manager tries to process what she just heard.