57. Blast from the past

I'm truly sorry it took so long to get an update but thank you for being so patient. I truly appreciate it.

-A

Funny comment I had to share with you all

"Hi or more like evening , so it's been a while. Hope you're well but anyways. Something weird just happened to me. I'm at cousins house in Italy(11pm) and I'm trying to put her daughter to bed. But she doesn't want to and she's bothering. So I wanted to ask her to stop but out of nowhere I called her Shakespeare. She's not even 5. That's when you realize you have no life because not only I'm currently rereading some chapters of your stories ,and I'm at disvirginred, but I'm calling my family after caractèrs name. But anyways, just wanted to share"

Song: Stone Cold - Demi Lovato

***

"Alexander!"Maeve says rushing to hold Lexis hands as he steps into his office and staggers.

"What's wrong?"She asks.

"I'm okay,"He says taking back his hands from her hold placing his hands on his forehead. Maeve looks at him doubtfully.

"Since you got back your memory we haven't been to the doctors yet, I'll call Doctor Wren and make an appointment" She says taking out her phone.

"Don't,"Lexis says snatching the phone from her hands.

He walks to the seat.

"Alexander you need to be tested, we need to make sure nothings wrong with you,"

"I'm fine,"Lexis says.

"If you are you wouldn't have staggered,"Maeve argues.

"I can't go see Wren, Peter has his eyes on me right now. Considering all we have to do the next few days we can't afford to have any slip ups," Lexis states seating down.

"But..."Maeve starts.

"Don't worry I'll see him once this is all over. I'll be okay, I just need some water," He says pointing to the water jug. 

Maeve walks over and gets him some.

He drinks a cup and hands her back her phone.

"Were you able to find what I asked you to?"He asks

"I found three," She says picking three files and handing them to him.

He glances through them.

"He's in Washington?"He says looking at one of the files.

"Yes, he's there to see his dad,"

"So he's really a lawyer?"Lexis asks

"He's one of the best of those in his field for a newbie. Though he has his family backing him up,"Maeve says.

Lexis looks at the file.

"His dad's a Supreme Court justice?"Lexis says to which Maeve nods.

"Confirmed last two years, he comes from a family of lawyers and judges which will definitely work in our favor should we meet a roadblock,"She explains.

Lexis looks at the first file and drops it to the side.

Lexis laughs leaning back. Maeve looks at him confused as to what was so funny.

Lexis stops laughing and glances at the file again.

"Do we still have wedding invites?" He asks.

"Yes, your mum arrived with extras this morning,"

"Who?"Lexis asks taken aback.

"Your mum,"Maeve states.