71. Mother's

Last time on 234's Lifelines;

Shakespeare is diagnosed with Apnea, a ...that causes E to seek help from his dad in treating Hera. We found out Hera doesn't want to be treated by psychologists or psychiatrists due to Lexis' experiences. Elijah Reynolds, Ethans father hence suggests bringing her to togo promising to bring back a balance to her life.

I think this song fits E in more ways than one

Song: I'll be there - Taeyang

"Life comes at us from out of the darkness. And at times we can struggle to find the courage to face it. When life comes rushing at you from our of the darkness, who will you choose to face it with? Will it be someone you trust? Will they be wise? And will their love for you help them to guide you to the light? Or will they lose their way in the darkness? Will they make noble choices? Or will that person be someone untested, someone new? Life comes rushing at you from out of the darkness, when it does -- is there someone in your life you can count on? Someone who will watch over you when you stumble and fall? And in that moment, give you the strength to face your fears alone?" - Lucas Scott One Tree Hill

***

Three Years ago, Lome Togo

Hera walks into the room where Hannah Vanderbilt was currently waiting for her in Elijah's home. Hannah had just arrived and immediately requested to see Hera.

She notices a woman with glasses seated behind a desk going over a bunch of papers, she had not said anything but her whole being exuded power. Her presence was so imposing Hera could feel it across the room.

"You may sit down," The lady says not raising her head from the documents.

Hera walks over to a seat and sits down. Ever since arriving in Togo, Elijah had gone out of his way to make sure Hera starts getting her life back in order and succeeded. She was much better hence Elijah had declared her okay enough to return home to Nigeria. E had arrived the previous night to take her back to Nigeria and was currently out with his dad.

After a few minutes, the lady gets up and walks over.

Hera raises her head to glance at her. She was tall, it was obvious were E got his height from. She had an average build with a face that hid the signs of aging. She was wearing a single breasted tailored velvet blue jacket and pantsuit with a black shirt underneath and black heels.

She sits down opposite Hera, her back up straight with legs together and heels slightly to the rear, hands crossed together on her laps.

"What would you prefer I call you?" She asks with a light yet commanding voice.

"Hera," Hera replies.

"What are your plans with my son?" She asks getting down to business.

"Excuse me?" Hera says taken aback.

"Do you plan on getting married to my son or simply taking as much as you can and leaving?"

"What?" Hera says.

Hannah takes off her glasses and places it to the side.

"Allow me to rephrase that. What in your words is the relationship between you and my son," Hannah asks.

"Friends," Hera says without a second thought.

"Nothing more?"

"Of course, nothing more," Hera replies wondering if like Peter Black this woman was here to separate her from her son. The only difference was she didn't love E.