15. Questions

"Kahlil Gibran once wrote; 'You're reason and your passion are the rudder.. and the sails of your seafaring soul. If either be broken, you can but toss and drift, or else be held at a standstill in mid-seas. For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining; and passion, unattended, is a flame that burn to it's own destruction.'" - Lucas Scott One Tree Hill

Song: Fireflies Owl CITY

12-4- 2016 No Freaking 9 Teen fiction!!!!! Thank you!!!!

***
The next morning Hera wakes up and walks out of her room to check on her daughter. Finding her little angel fast asleep, she shuts the door and walks to the kitchen where Jess is standing with a cup of coffee in her hand, deep in thought.

"Good morning," Hera says.

"Morning, I'm not yet sure if it's good so I'll stick to the morning without the good," Jess replies earning a chuckle from Hera.

Hera gets herself a cup of hot chocolate. And sits down on the dinning chair.

"So?" Jess asks.

"So?" Hera replies confused.

"What do you plan on doing?" Jess asks.

"I thought I answered that yesterday?" Hera replies.

"You answered halfway, are you going to keep living here? Are you returning to Nigeria? What are you going to tell Shakespeare? All these and more are the other half you failed to answer." Jess says sitting on the opposite side of the table.

"I don't know," Hera replies sincerely. She knew what she wanted to do and that was to protect her daughter and keep her away from the Blacks but she wasn't sure how she wanted to proceed about it.

"Are you curious?" Jess asks.

"About?" Hera replies.

"Lexis, how he's been, what he knows or doesn't know, what he's been up to,the whole 360," Jess asks.

Hera stays quiet for a while.

"How could I not be? He is the father of my daughter," Hera replies.

"Is that all?" Jess asks.

"What do you mean?" Hera asks.

"Don't you still love him?" Jess asks.

Hera stays quiet.

"I loved the Lexis from five years back," Hera replies.

"And the Lexis now?" Jess asks.

"I don't know," Hera replies.

"But you'd like to know right?" Jess asks.

"I think I've answered that," Hera replies sipping her hot chocolate.

"You said you were curious, are you going to act on your curiosity?" Jess asks.

"Jess he's engaged," Hera replies.

"So? He isn't married yet," Jess replies causing Hera to shake her head.

"Gosh, you are hopeless," Hera says.

Meanwhile Shakespeare who had woken up upon hearing the sound of the door shutting from her mother checking up on her, walks into the kitchen rubbing her eyes.

"Morning sweetheart," Jess says blowing Shakespeare a kiss. Shakespeare stretches her hand, catches the invisible kiss from the air and places it against her cheek smiling.

"Good Morning aunty JJ," Shakespeare replies with a sleepy voice walking up to her mum and points to her lap.

"Weren't you asleep?" Hera asks raising Shakespeare and placing her on her lap.