Chapter 30

Claire's POV

I woke up next to my protective "older bro" and he said, "hey sleepy head" I just slightly smiled and shook my head.

"I'm still sleeping. Not awake" I muttered. He laughed and pulled me up. "Let's go get breakfast. McDonalds, yeah?" He smiled. I shrugged and nodded.

I told him I would be back in a few minutes. I went back home and got ready. I put on a cute, pink, summer dress and sandals. I brushed my teeth and hair (just the usual when getting ready)

I put on my mascara and eyeliner. I decided to wear light pink and gray eyeshadow. Gray on the bottom, light pink on the top. After that I curled my hair in long spirals and grabbed my purse.

I went to Kendra's room next. "Knock knock." I said. She laughed and said, "I went to check on you earlier and you weren't in your room. Where did ya go?" I smiled a bit. "Drake. He lives next door. I didn't want to interrupt your beauty sleep. Remember what happened before??" I asked while giggling. She did a ninja pose and we both started full on laughing until we fell down.

"Oh. So someone is getting close to her Drakey!" Kendra smirked. I rolled my eyes and said, "he is like my older brother! Stop! And don't say 'Drakey' it reminds me of...-" she cut me off with a hug and whispered sorry. I knew she didn't mean to.

I felt tears forming in my eyes and pushed them back. I couldn't cry.. Not anymore. If he comes back we will have a strict talk.. I can't believe he just left like that.

Kendra pulled back and gave me a little box. "Open it." She ordered. I smiled a little and opened the box. There was a cute necklace with an eternity sign. "Aww thanks Ken!" I said while smiling. "Don't thank me.. I didn't buy it.. It was on the porch this morning around 9:45."

My eyes widened. Then.. Wait. "Who sent it?" I asked curiously. "Well... That's the thing... Read this, there was a letter with it." She smiled sadly.

I was very nervous and felt sick as I opened the letter. I started to read it and it said,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear girly,

Yeah.. It's me.. I'm not good at writing letters so.. Umm.. Yeah. I just wanted to say that we are over forever. (Eternity sign) I hope I never see you again. I only dated you because I felt bad for you. I mean why would I date a girl like you? Haha.

Peace out,
Blake✌️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I broke down into tears... How could he?! Why?! What did I do to deserve this... I thought everything was perfect. It was ALL perfect... Now it's gone.

Kendra wrapped her arms around me and let me just cry. I knew I ruined my freshly put on makeup but I didn't care.

I heard the doorbell and couldn't bring myself to answer. Kendra told me she would be right back and see who it was.

I re-read the letter over and over again. Blinking, trying to see if I read it correctly. And sadly I did... I can't believe it.. It hurts so freaking much! WHY DID THIS HAPPEN!!!???!!! What did I do wrong.....?

Someone hugged me tightly and I saw it was Drake. "Hey.. She told me what happened.. Look cupcake.." He said while making me look up at him. "You deserve some time out. Like I said last night. Let's go.. That douchebag will regret this. Trust me. You deserve better." He tried to soothe.

I just couldn't stop crying. Drake rubbed my back while I cried into his chest. He would whisper things like "it's okay.. Don't worry.. I know it hurts, but it will get better.. He is just stupid.."