Chapter 29

Claire's POV

The dreamed seemed all too real. It made my heartache worse. I decided to go over to see Drake.

I got ready and then walked to his house. I knocked on the door and no one answered. I waited a little longer and knocked again.

A sleepy looking Drake opened the door and leaned against the door frame. He smiled down at me and said, "Hey. You okay? Why ya here so early?"

I looked at the time and was shocked. Oh no.. No wonder he didn't answer when I knocked. It was 2am.. I instantly felt bad.

"Aww man, I'm sorry sorry brownie.. I didn't even look at the time. I had a bad dream and needed comfort.." I said sadly.

He moved aside and let me in. We went over to the couch and sat down. He asked about the dream so I told him it. By the time I finished telling him the dream his eyes were swirling with sympathy and sadness. He pulled me close and hugged me tight.

"I will always be here for you. And if Blake doesn't come back. then he is stupid and it is his loss. Don't worry." He tried to comfort me.

I felt my eyes start to water. I didn't want to cry in front of Drake because he hates it when I'm sad and when I cry.

He lifted my face up and saw a tear fall down my face. His eyes watered and he whispered, "Please don't cry cupcake.."

He soothingly rubbed my back and hugged me even tighter. I felt a tear fall onto my back and knew that since he saw me cry, he also cried. It's always been this way ever since we were younger. He was always protective and sympathetic/ empathetic.

I pulled back slowly and he said, "You know what.. we are going out tonight. Same club. You deserve a night out again." I was kind of shocked, "But-" "NO BUTS! You've got to go. I already made up my mind." He cut me off.

I shook my head an knew there was no way he would take no for an answer. Once he decides something, he sticks to it.

"Alright." I sighed. "That's the spirit!" he yelled. I laughed a little but couldn't fully laugh because I was still crushed and upset thy Blake hasn't returned or even said anything to me since he has left... What if he cheated.. I shouldn't even think of the negative possibilities.. I just thought he would never hurt me.. Like he said he wouldn't. He promised.

"Well, we might wanna get a bit more sleep cupcake. We have a long day to look forward to. We are getting out of the house and neighborhood tomorrow!" Drake smiled as he picked me up.

"Noooo put me doowwwwn!" I whined. I don't really like being picked up because it makes me feel heavy. He just laughed and replied, "Neeevvvveeerrrrrr!!!!"

He carried me up the stairs because I gave up trying to make him put me down and he laid my on the bed. "Comfy?" He asked. I just nodded. "Good. Now rest" he smiled.

I felt my eyes get heavier as the bed dipped beside me. And before I fell asleep I heard Drake say, "goodnight cupcake. I'll chase all your nightmares away, don't worry.."

A/N: Friendship! Haha. They're close friends :) who is sad that Blake is acting the way he is??? *raises hand* lol. But don't worry. It won't be that way for long!

FOLLOW: xxkkmillerxx
READ HER BOOKS TOO! THEY ARE PRETTY AMAZING! :) SHE IS MY BFF!

I will try and give others shoutouts. I'm working on it.