Chapter 25

Claire's POV

When I woke up I felt a painful pang inside my heart and whimpered. Blake didn't come back.. I didn't expect him to anyways... I didn't want to go anywhere. Not school. Not shopping. Not to Starbucks. Nowhere.

Kendra walked in and sat down on my bed next to me. "Hey... He'll come around.. Tell me about your friend last night!!" She said with sympathy. She can always tell when something is bothering me, so she tried to change the subject a bit. "His name is drake and he is like my older brother." I said and shrugged. I just sighed and sat there.

"He didn't seem like only a 'brother'," Kendra winked. "He is.. Like a long-lost brother." I said. Kendra didn't question it. She just walked out of my room after telling me she was going out for a bit.

I decided to get my lazy butt up and try not to sulk in sorrow. I felt my phone ring and picked it up to see who was calling.

Caller ID: Unknown

I answered it and said, "hello?" I heard someone in the distance and repeated myself a bit louder and impatient. "helllllooooo?" I stamped my foot waiting for an answer. "Hey.." The person said. It sounded so familiar.... But... Wait.... BLAKE! "B-Blake?!" I said frantically. "Are you okay..?" He asked a bit frustrated. Why is he frustrated? "Yeah.." I said. "And you?" He was quiet for a minute and then said, "you... You move on easily." I stood there and thought about what he meant. Was he at the club? "You were at the club?" I asked. "Yeah.. I saw it all.." He said sounding devastated. "He is like my brother." I said. "There's nothing between us. He just so happens to care about me enough to not leave and be so cruel towards me. He's THERE for me." I added.

He didn't say anything. "Say something, Blake." I said tears starting to well up in my eyes. "I'm sorry.." He said. "Sorry didn't do it, now did it?" I asked. "I'm coming back. Now." He said a bit frustrated again. "He will NOT have you..." He added.

I was quiet and Blake continued to rant, "I need you. I'm sorry. I was stupid. I'm going through some stuff you don't know nor do you need to right now. I'm keeping you safe.. Trust me. I will protect you. I need to protect you. I won't lose another person I love. Wait for me.. I'll be there soon girly."

I stood there puzzled and confused. "Blake.. You hurt me. I knew you would, but hoped I was wrong. And-" I was cut off by the doorbell.

I walked downstairs and answered the door. As soon as the door opened I was crushed in a hug. "I know.." He whispered. He leaned in close and kissed me gently. "It won't happen again. I promise. I had to protect you, but in order to do that I had to go somewhere. I'm sorry baby.." He added.

I hugged him and cried. "You're so confusing, Blake. I don't get it. I'm so fucking confused... Please tell me... Tell me what's wrong, please?" I asked while sobbing. He looked at me, but I looked down so he wouldn't see my face.

"Look at me Claire." He said. I shook my head and more tears fell from my eyes, like a storm that never seemed to come to an end. He put both hands on either side of my face and lifted my face up to meet his. He was being so gentle almost as if I were fragile glass.

"I can't tell you right now. But I promise I will soon.. When it is all over so you don't get harmed. Okay? Just trust me on this." He told me. I nodded and he gently kissed me again lingering a bit longer than last time.

He held me for a few minutes longer, but it seemed to last forever. "I love you.." He whispered. "I love you too." I whispered back.

We got out of each other's embrace and smiled: my smile was filled of love, confusion, a hint of sadness, and an emotion I don't really feel... Fear.

A/N: HEYY, I'm so sorry. I've not been feeling it. I will be ending the book soon with a bit of a surprise >:) mwahahahaha lol (don't be scared, it is good xD)