58. Formation

"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swaps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours."
-- Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged" - Lucas Scott One Tree Hill. 

Song: Dead and Gone - T.I ft Justin Timberlake

This #LexisandHera tweet summed up how I felt about the last chapter. Yes I wrote it but still...lmao

*Me after reading the last chapter* 

***

The next day, Lexis and a man in shades step out of the arrival doors of the airport at the same time both arriving from different states. They notice each other and smirk as they go their separate ways.

"Welcome back,"Maeve says.

"I don't think I've ever loved any two words as much as those two,"Lexis replies.

Maeve smiles warmly.

"What's my schedule like for the day?"He asks.

"Full to the brim, with the opening of Mixx tomorrow and your trip yesterday it's a filled day,"Maeve states.

"What's that?"Lexis asks noticing the envelope in her hands.

"The DNA result. I just got them,"Maeve says handing it to him.

Lexis halts his steps and glances at the envelope in Maeve's hands.

His eyes twitch.

"Give it to me later,"He says voice unstable.

"If I see it now... I don't think I'll be in a state of mind to deal with what I need to before meeting her,"Lexis says to which Maeve nods and places it back in her suitcase.

"How'd it go with Graham?" She asks changing the topic.

Lexis lets out a deep breath and starts walking.

"How else would it go?"He asks, Maeve grins.

"There's something I don't get, why not just let the bill block Peter?"She asks.

"Now where's the fun in that?"Lexis asks and grins at Maeve's furrowed brow.

"I need him to feel like he's winning," He explains.

"That feeling of despair and helplessness at having all he'd lived and worked for snatched right before his very eyes when he thought he had it bagged is a feeling he'll never forget,"Lexis replies walking into the vehicle.

They drive straight to the main house, the Mansion where the family resided.

"Alexander!"Lea calls out coming out to welcome him.