Chapter 28 ~ The Sleepover

Chapter 28- The Sleepover

Ever since the night of my birthday 3 things happened: 1. My mom has been completely ignoring me 2. Me and Wayne have gotten closer 3. Jacob hasn't talked to me since. It had been 3 weeks, and I started the new school a week ago, its been okay, a lot less drama.

The night I blacked out, on my birthday, my mom found out I had been cutting. She never said a word about it, she just ignored me and acted like I wasn't even there, but that was fine, less drama. Plus I didn't need her in my life.

I found a school I liked walking distance from my house, and I was liking it. There was no celebrities there, just normal kids. Everyone thought I was the coolest person ever because I was related to Lil Wayne, I just ignored it. 

Then there was the whole Jacob situation, he wouldn't talk to me. He ignored my calls and texts. I decided last week I was done, I was probably just bothering him anyways. If he didn't want me, I didn't need him. 

"Hey I'm going to school.. bye dad" I never looked at my mom. 

"Okay, I won't be here when you get home, you can come to the studio if you want."

"I'll think about it" I walked out the front door. Things hadn't really changed from the night of my birthday. I was still the same old Kayleen, but it seemed like everything was changing around me. Wayne was always at the studio, my mom ignored me, and I had made some friends.. well one. 

I walk to my locker, which was right next to my friend, Jade. 

"Hey girl!"

"Hey Jade" 

"What's up?" 

"Nothing, just wondering when my mom is going to stop ignoring me" I had told her pretty much my whole life story one night.

"You don't need her Kayleen, you got Lil freaking Wayne" She wouldn't swear which I thought was hilarious, but she just glared at me and continued, "and you got meee" I laughed and walked into my first class, english. 

~Lunch~

Lunch was the craziest hour by far at this school, everyone was screaming, yelling, singing, dancing, smoking, whatever.. Me and Jade usually sat alone, sometimes her boyfriend and his group came and sat with us, today it was the cheerleaders. 

"Did you hear Kayleen?"

"What"

"Jacob Latimore is dating Reginae Carter.. you know your dad's other daughter" I was in shock, Reginae really? No, it was probably just a rumor.

"Cool, good for him"

"Kayleen, thats like your ex"

"I know, its my EX he can do whatever and whoever he wants to" 

"Whatever I was just telling you" I got up from the seat and glanced at Jade, she nodded. Lunch hour was the hour we usually smoked, we went to the back of the school and I got out a lighter. 

"Kayleen my life is so effed up!!" We both laughed, yeah the drugs were doing there job.

"No Jade, my life is so efffeddd up" I honestly didn't know who had it worse. Jade's dad would cheat on her mom, then come home and beat her mother up. I felt so bad for her.

"We can have a sleepover at my house, tonight" I laughed.

"Okay!!" she smiled big. "Lets go shopping after school!! with YOUR dad's credit card!"

"Okay!" We laughed back into the school and walked to algebra.

~6:30: at the Mall~

"Kayleen get this! and I'll get this, then we can match!" Jade was over excited about it, but it was cute.