Chapter 9 ~ The Picture

Chapter 9- The Picture

I open my phone and look and the picture. Its a picture of me and Adrian in the limo, its just him kissing my neck, the comment she had wrote was 'cheating with Adrian now? you take being a slut to a whole new level. #whore'

I felt my hands shake as I walk to the last step. The picture was from an hour ago, I'm sure my parents had seen it by now. I was still crying, I realized that wouldn't make sense to my parents so I grab a rock and cut my leg, Tyrone looks at me like 'what that hell are you doing'.

"I'm crying, they don't know why, I have to have an excuse." He nods and I open the door. My stomach feels like its doing cartwheels and I feel like I'm going to throw up. I look in and see my mom and dad and Reginae and her mom, fucking great.

"What the hell, I thought I said one. It's 3 in the morning!" Wayne half speaks, half yells.

"Traffic, lots of traffic," Tyrone speaks up first. He knew I was freaking out, and crying. I was so thankful for him.

"Why are you crying?" he asks me.

"She cut her leg outside, we were having a race, and she fell" he laughed, "She still won."

Wayne nodded but he could tell he was lying.

"I'm going to go clean her up," Tyrone said motioning for me to come to the bathroom.

"Thanks for that, you didn't have to lie for me. I appreciate it a lot," I whisper as he bandages up my leg.

"Yeah why are you crying forreal?"

"I can't talk about it."

"Alright, but I'm here if you need me," he says as I get of the counter.

"Thank you." I smile. He walks out of the bathroom and leaves. I feel sicker now, knowing I don't have him to protect me. I'm still half crying, and I know things are only gonna get worse from here. I find a knife and cut my arm multiple times. I had went on a date with Adrian, the guy I thought I liked, we kissed he beat me up, there is a picture of us basically making out, and my family knows. I clean up and walk out.

"I want the truth now," Wayne looks at my eyes, and I feel a lump in my throat, but I know I have to do this.

"I don't need none of the gym bullshit. I know you were with that boy, Adrian." My mom said raising her voice a bit, the moment she said Adrian I shivered. I decided things couldn't get any worse, and Reginae and her mom weren't there so fuck it.

"Yeah I was, I was with Adrian, I lied to you. We went to the fair, okay, it was great. Then we were going back home and then he- he kissed me, nothing more nothing less." I lied. I couldn't tell them the truth, it hurt to much.

"Really? I know when your lying to me Kayleen." My mom yelled at me.

"Nothing happened okay I wouldn't do anything like that to you."

Her voice changed immediately. "Don't scare us like that again okay?" She said smiling walking off somewhere. Then it was just me and Wayne. I was sitting on a couch and he came over and sat right next to me. I started crying harder, the tears were going all over his shirt as I leaned on him.

"Will you please tell me the truth?" He said wrapping his arms around me.

"I can't," I said not really knowing what I was saying but I needed to get it off my chest. Then I came to the realization that I had just said something I wasn't supposed to say. He looks at me for a minute then I could feel the anger in his voice.

"Go to bed," he said I stand up nodding. I walk to my room and take a shower feeling gross. I put on some pajamas and went to sleep, I had to be up in a few hours.