Forty-Nine

Guys, chapter one has 6.61K views. It's getting real close to a specific number and I can't wait for that to happen.

After he asked me to meet him later on, he disappeared and I was left alone with my thoughts. When I decided that I count stand the empty silence any longer, I turned towards food as a distraction.

"Whatcha doing?" Gray asked in the same joking tone he always used as he tried to steal my food.

'Why do I feel like he acts really different when he is with me? With everybody else, he's mostly very serious. Okay, maybe I'm overthinking and he just feels very comfortable with me.'

"Nothing," I answered as I calmly stabbed his hand with my fork.

"Oh, look at that. I've been impaled," he stated, trying to mimic Olaf's laugh.

[Your request has been fulfilled, Fierce_Kimiko_Fufu

*please note that if the reference was extremely lame and not how you wanted it to be at all, you are free to stab me.]

"Seriously, a frozen reference?" I asked, rolling my eyes, "Grow up, Gray."

"Says the one who wanted me to dress up like Elsa."

"I admit, you aren't wrong."

"On the topic of growing up," he said, his tone changing into a more serious one, "Meet me on the top floor of this castle."

"Are we even allowed to go up there?"

"I've been pulling the strings from behind," he winked.

"Nice," I said and as he dropped some food on my plate, I added, "Thanks, I love you."

"Don't say stupid things like that or I'll do something more stupid like actually believe it."

With that, he walked away and left me behind.

'What's with people walking away from me today?!'

I tried not to pay much notice with it and I stepped in to dance with members from various guilds.

"Miss, you look really pretty today," the guy I danced with commented.

"Thank you," I replied back, "I would say that you don't look too shabby either."

I couldn't quite remember his name but I knew that he was from Quatro Cereberus.

'Quatro Puppy,' I corrected myself.

I found people giving me compliments while I danced with them and I also replied back, hoping that it won't seem like just an empty compliment you give when you don't know what to say.

I looked at the clock and realized that it was time to meet Gray upstairs already.

"I hope I'm not too late," I said as I went up and opened the door to find Gray standing there smiling.

"Not really," he said as he took my hand and let me towards the window.

'Oh shit, are my hands sweaty. No, they're not sweaty. But I shouldn't think about being sweaty otherwise they'll start to be sweaty.' I thought as I tried to clam myself down, ' Okay, let's think about something else. He's leading me towards a window. Oh shit, he's gonna push me off.'

"The stars are pretty, right?" He asked as he looked up to the sky, "Maybe we'll get a better view if we actually open up the window."

'Yep, he's gonna push me off.'