ღ Forty-Six ღ

This is another special chapter.

~ Third person pov ~

When Sting and (Y/N) were outside the guild, he said the code.

"Oh, its dark inside," he said loud enough for the guild members to hear.

"Now that you mention it, I guess it is," she replied, shrugging, "Thanks for bringing me here. I'll go inside now."

"Wait," he said, "I'll guide you in. What if you can't see."

She gave him a deadpan I-am-a-strong-and-indepent-woman-who-don't-need-no-man look but agreed.

When she opened the door to the guild, confetti exploded in front of her and she was greeted with a bunch of fireworks and a chrous of "Happy Birthday"s.

"Happy 18th Birthday, (Y/N)!" Master Makarov said cheerfully, "You have finally become an adult. This day is special because it also marks the 15th anniversary of your death."

Mirajane scolded the master and told him to word it in a better way.

'Death?' Sting thought, cocking his head to the side.

That's when he remembered. She had saved the guild from the magic council's Etherion Blast.

That's why the members thought that she had died.

"Lets not think about that," Cana cheered, shoving a bottle of booze in (Y/N)'s face, "Let's party!"

Then, the stage in the middle of the guild hall rose up and the curtains opened to reveal a fancily dressed Mirajane and Gajeel.

"Let's celebrate our little angel's 18th birthday by singing a special song!" Mira shouted into the mic, "A remix version of happy birthday brought to you by me and Gajeel."

"Ooh," (Y/N) commented getting excited, "I didn't know he could sing."

"I'm pretty sure he can't," Gray replied, hugging her from behind, "Happy Birthday, Madam. "

"I swear to god I can't with you," the girl giggled, "Thanks. Even if he can't sing, Mira's voice can balance it out."

"You seem to know a lot about music."

"No, really? Its not like my magic is specialized in music."

Mira and Gajeel started to play their instruments and sing their version of the Happy Birthday song.

At first, Mira's voice became really soft as she started the song and she carefully built it up and matched the tempo with her instrument.

There were random moments when Gajeel would serve as background noise. He would just yell, "HAPPY BIRTHDAU. WOO. YEAH."

There were also those times where Gajeel would rap or add some lines like, "Uh, yeah, its your birthday."

Then towards the end, he harmonized with Mira and the song ended.

A chorus of cheers and "good job guys" came from the guild members.