ღ Twenty-Three ღ

That one person that I had forgotten all about for one tiny second was here right in front of me, and I was scared.

Scared of everything that had happened so far and all that was about to happen.

The person who stood in the doorway looking like he just saw a ghost was the one and only Gray Fullbuster.

"You..." He growled after he recovered from the shock, "Who are you?"

"What are you talking about, Gray?" Natsu asked, "Its y/n, your best friend."

"The y/n I knew died fourteen years ago. Who is this person in front of me who looks exactly like her?"

"It is her!" Natsu urged, "Don't act so prissy about it. Is it because you can't stand seeing her after all that because of all the guilt that's building up inside you? I know you, Gray. You think its all your fault even when it isn't."

"Natsu stop," I said, "I'll deal with this myself."

With that, I grabbed Gray's hand and led him to the nearest door, locking it behind us.

"Do you remember what happened that day?" I asked, "Before everything happened?"

"Why don't you tell me?" He shot back, "since you're obviously y/n."

"Fine," I said, looking him in the eye, "We fought for the first time. You said I should die and that natsu was an idiot. You also said that you wish you had never met me. And then, I slapped you."

"For all I know, you could be the weird girl in the cloak."

My eye twitched but I refrained myself from hitting him in the head.

"Do you remember the first time we met?" I asked softly, "You were always picking fights with natsu while Erza broke you two up and started fighting with Mira? I always broke them up though. One night, you woke up to the sound of someone singing and saw me with wings. Do you remember?"

With that, I spread open my wings as he looked at them in awe and then chuckled.

"Now that I think about it, you could have just down them to me at first,"he said, "And forget about what I told you that day. Please leave me alone for a while."

I nodded and shut the door as I walked out, thankful that I solved things between us.

Or did I?

~sting POV~

What was everything that happened about? She was pretty but the wasn't the problem.

Natsu-san said that he threw out her ice cream as if they were living in the same house. And he seemed to really care about her.

What if they were dating? Maybe even married?

Another reason to defeat him more.