ღ Thirty-Eight ღ

So you guys know how I am your typical asshole author who sometimes doesn't reply to your comments at all and doesn't really show gratitude towards all the votes.

Yeah.

Guess what. That is going to change.

Ohmigod guys, thank you so much for the 70K views. I'm hyperventilating. I never - and I mean, NEVER - imagined that this story would go so far.

For that, I'm truly thankful to you all
♥(>┌┐<)•°

I love you guys.

Unsure of what to do about the cute little exceed - which I might or might not have wanted to kidnap at one point in my life - in my room, I slowly and silently tiptoed towards it.

The sobbing didn't didn't come to an end.

Not really knowing how to approach a cat - or how to comfort it, for that matter - I just stopped in my tracks and weighed out the options.

'Maybe I can just go back out and run to the nearest corner store to buy some balloons?'

'Don't be stupid, (Y/N),' my conscience told me, 'This kitty has claws. What if it pops the balloons and gets sadder?'

'How else am I supposed to comfort a kitty? I don't even know why it is crying in the first place.'

'Since you're already halfway here, how about patting the kitty lightly on the shoulder and asking what's wrong in the gentlest way possible?'

'Yeah, like that's gonna work.'

'I'm your conscience. Do what I tell you. I'm never wrong, bitch.'

'Let's keep it PG, some who are stalking my life might be below the cursing age.'

'What do you mean someone's stalking you?'

'You're my conscience, you should know. Anyway, I guess I will try.'

•┈┈┈••✦ Third person POV ✦••┈┈┈•

The girl slowly walked over to the exceed who was having a breakdown and tapped him on the shoulder.

Unlike how her so called conscience told her to, she might have tapped the shoulder a bit too aggressively.

The exceed stiffened a bit, obviously scared, but the girl didn't get the clue and she dug her nails into his shoulder and forcefully turned the exceed around.

One who might have seen her face at that time would have been more terrified than the girl was feeling when she made that face.

She was trying to smile kindly and be gentle, but her nervousness got in the way and she looked like something straight out of a horror movie.

"What's wrong?" she asked with her head tilted, trying to look kind, but it didn't work out that way.

Naturally, the exceed screamed.

"EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!" The exceed cried, big crocodile tears running down his face, "STING, HELP!!"

That simple action made the girl scream along with him.