ღ Twenty-four ღ

~ the next day ~

"Alright!" Said the announcer cheerfully, "We're halfway done with the Grand Magic Games. The third day starts. I wonder what we will see today. The guest this time is Lahar-san from the magic council. Today's event is pandemonium. Please choose a representative."

Fairy tail A chose Erza and our team was discussing who to choose.

"Where's Jellal when we need him?!" Laxus asked.

"Juvia has no idea," Juvia commented.

"Hey, Y/N-girl," Gajeel said, "Are you okay with going there?"

I shook my head, "Pick Cana to go instead of Jellal. She has got a lot of potential."

"But where is Jellal anyways?" Asked Gajeel.

"Do you think it is a nice idea to have him participate when a member of the magic council is here?" I hissed at him.

"Juvia hates to agree but she agrees."

In the end, we just chose Cana to participate. Mermaid heel chose the cat girl with a cloak on, Orga from Sabertooth, Jura from Lamia Scale, Obra from Raven Tail, Hibiki from Blue Pegasus, and a guy from Quatro Cerberus.

"Go get 'em Cana!" I shouted at her as she nodded.

~ third person POV~

As the brunette stalked off to the center of the arena and her team members cheered for her, others started coming down as well.

"All competitors have been chosen," The announcer said amd at the exact moment, a huge black magic circle so big that it covered the whole stadium appeared. An enormous, dark-looking castle emerged from it, complete with gargoyles and jaw-bridges. It seemed to defy gravity for it was held by nothing more than a slim pillar which was the width of a thin girl's leg.

 It seemed to defy gravity for it was held by nothing more than a slim pillar which was the width of a thin girl's leg

Many competitors and bystanders alike marveled about his cool it was while some were left speechless.

But that was not all.

Suddenly, the castle expanded, opening up a staircase for the eight competitors. Hibiki, who was in the arena, tried to analyze it, but the results showed inconclusive.

"Pandemonium! A temple haunted by evil monsters!" The pumpkin guy said.

"Haunted by monsters, huh?" Jura asked.

"That's the idea, kabo!" Pumpkin man said, "There are a 100 monsters inside. Each one of you has to defeat how many numbers of monsters you want. Each monster will make you earn points. If you get defeated, you will lose a point and will have to come back down and let another person go."