Leaving for the South

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We stared down the alley, Nate and Jaymes were opposite me and the papers rustled behind us. We had just avoided an Alien Watch and now we were trying to locate Aaron and Tomas. The idiots thought they cold go ahead. Bad idea. We were meant to stay together, 'Nate,' I hissed, 'How close are we?'

'It says we need to go another mile into the city, but there are so many buildings and there is a huge medical and lab center there.'

'Sounds about right.' Jaymes said, 'But why there?'

'I have no idea. This is too quiet.' Nate whispered as we stalked down the alley, 'Something is wrong...'

'I noticed that two hours ago. We need to get in and out before they realize.' 

'What is they have already noticed, Tomas and Aaron raced ahead.' Jaymes growled. 

I sighed and rolled my eyes, 'Aaron is a fucking idiot if you ask me,'

'You've always thought of him that way.' Nate said as we kept moving, 'You've hated him since day dot. Why?' 

I stopped and thought about it then kept moving, 'He's arrogant, annoying, ignorant, stubborn and above all else obnoxious.' 

Jaymes smiled, 'You like him.'

'What?' I dropped my gun and turned to face him, blood rushing to my cheeks.

'Admit it, its so true!' Nathaniel laughed. 

'What...no!' 

'Oh come on Emilie, it has to be true.' Jaymes wandered over mockingly and waggled his fingers in my face, 'Fire and ice a forbidden love. Ack! May your cursed love last till the end of time!'

'Shut up!' I turned away and saw an alien ship flying over head, 'Move.'

'Oh come on.' Nate said then saw the ship, 'Right.' We shuffled close to the wall, hoping not to be seen. I saw a glint from across the buildings and something shot into the air. The thing shot towards the ship and bashed into the backside with an audible thump. I glanced down again to see ice shoot up and pierce the bottom of the aircraft, 'Now they show up.' Nathaniel groaned and lifted his rifle, 'Shoud we help them?'

'Nah, they've got it.' Jaymes said leaning against the wall, 'Let them go, they are happy.' He flicked his fingers in their direction and I smirked. I watched intently as Tomas maneuvered himself around using his Gravity. I was still amazed at something like that, I will forever be jealous of that. The sky churned and the splitting metal creaked as it fell to the ground and crumpled the surrounding buildings, the boys rolled off as the alien blood trickled out of the crushed craft, 'Took ya long enough let's move.' Jaymes laughed as they reached us. 

'Sorry but they put up a good fight.' Tomas laughed flexing his hands, 'I'll tell you what, that was the best fucking thing, flying around free like that.' We all laughed a little and made our way to the center of the city, wondering what we would find. The boys were silent, for once. I was glad they shut up because I needed to make our way into the city on top of that...I was freaking out. For the first time I was actually panicking about the situation. I had never been frightened before and now that we are storming New York alone scares the actual fuck out of me. 

'What's that?' Tomas whispered. We all stopped as a tapping sound echoed around us. Aaron opened his hands, ready to strike anything. Nathaniel stumbled back as the tapping stopped and the air grew thin, 'Shit.'

'MOVE NOW!' Aaron screamed as a huge tail whipped around the building and smacked us against the wall, 'Shit! Move move move!'

'SHUT UP AARON AND FIRE AT IT!' Jaymes screamed and pounded his fists into the ground, 'What the fuck is Castling doing here!?'