Finale

I stared at the blank sky, hearing the cries around me I placed my burning hands on the shredded ground. My energy started to flow into the dying earth. Aaron's cries echoed behind me as the ice rushed through my arms, becoming the first of the six veins. I tried to push out what everyone was saying, but their voices reached me over and over again. I'm going to miss them... I looked down at the ground, the vein running like a new stream around my wounded body. I felt peace wash over me and soon I was calm, my body stopped shaking and became numb to the world around me. I closed my eyes, ready to die when...

'YOU'RE AN IDIOT DOING THIS!' Olivia screamed as she struggled against Rei's grip, 'WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DIE!' The pain in her voice ripped my eyes open, I felt her energy seep into me and I had no will to turn and look her in the eye, 'EMILIE! PLEASE DON'T DO IT!' 

'COME BACK TO US!' Jaymes screamed. I grimaced as memories flooded my mind.

'DON'T DO IT PLEASE EMILIE!' Tomas cried, I felt a weak gravitational pull as a pure white vein pulsed across from me. Two. I'll miss you Tomas. Take care of Alina and the others.

'EMILIE! EMILIE! DONT DIE! THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER WAY!' Nathaniel screamed, I winced as a gold vein came to life around me. Three. Tears were rolling down my face, cutting through the blood and grim mixed on my face. I could taste blood on my tongue as I licked my dry, aching lips.

There was a shrill laugh from above, 'YOU CANT STOP IT NOW EMILIE DARLING! ITS TO LATE! TOO LATE! TOO LATE!!' He began to sing and a purple line snaked around me. Four. Once I'm done here he can finally die. All the pain he put us through, he has no idea. He was a fool to begin with. 

Two more. Air and fire. One last bond. One last family member. one last friend. Olivia. This is going to sting. I smiled, 'OLIVIA,' I called up, 'STAY ALIVE YOU HEAR? LIVE ON AND LOVE THOSE AROUND YOU! NATHANIEL WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU! YES NATHANIEL IVE REALISED AND I WENT MISSING! YOU TWO HAVE A GREAT LIFE! OLIVIA, THERE IS NTHING YOU CANT DO! SO SMILE AND DONT FORGET ABOUT ME EH? YOUR FATHER IS WAITING, DON'T BE LATE OKAY? I LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU FOR BEING MY SISTER! I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND IM SORRY! IM SORRY!'

'IDIOT!' I heard Aaron scream, 'YOU WERE THE ONE WHO KEPT US GOING! YOU WERE THE ONE! FUCK! YOU ARE THE ONE WHO KEEPS US STRONG! YOUR BLINDING LIGHT MAKES A SHDOW FOR US TO FOLLOW! SINCE DAY ONE WEVE LOVED YOU! FROM THE VERY BEGINNING YOU WERE OUR LEADER AND SISTER! YOU FOUGHT WITH A SMILE ON YOUR FACE KNOWING WE'D HAVE A BETTER LIFE SOONER OR LATER! YOU KNEW! YET HERE WE ARE ABOUT TO SAY GOODBYE! WE'VE PUT UP WITH YOUR SHIT LONG ENOUGH AND I WONT STAND BY AND WATCH THE ONLY THING I LOVE, DIE! YOU HEAR ME EMILIE! I LOVE YOU! NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU MAY HATE ME, I LOVE YOU. EVERY FUCKING ANNOYING HAIR ON YOUR HEAD, I LOVE! ITS TAKEN ME 17 YEARS TO SAY THAT TO YOUR FACE! I KNOW IT MAY NOT SEEM LIKE IT BUT I LOVE YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART AND I CANT STAND TO LOSE YOU LIKE THIS! EMILIE!'

Five.

Aaron...why now? Of all times to tell me why now? I'm sitting here dying, before your eyes and you pull that on me? I'm trying to leave this world with no ties to it. Don't go saying stuff like that again. Please.

There was another laugh, 'That idiot!' Lucius started laughing again, 'He loves you? Dear Jesus how sad is that! You're about to die and he springs that on you! Oh, better late than never I always say! Now let's finish this with a bang!! Huh?' He made a noise and I looked up to see Aaron running towards me, his chest wound opening up.

'WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU IDIOT!' I screamed at him. He fell in front of me and I lifted my hands, 'Aaron! What the fuck are you thinking running down here like that! I thought I told Rei to keep you all up there!'

'You can't do this....' He breathed, clutching his bleeding chest, 'Emilie....you can't!'

'I have to Aaron, otherwise this planet has no future!' I moved back from him, already weak from the drain on my power.