Traps In New York

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Okay you all understand?' 

'YES SIR!' Good now you six are my finest team. Don't screw this up!' Guy laughed as they left him in the Briefing room.

Aaron, Jaymes, Tomas, Olivia, Emilie and Alina all walked down through the weapons area and grabbed what they needed. Worried, Alina turned to her twin, 'Tomas, is this the right thing?'

'The aliens are attacking humans in that area. We are the closest. You'll be fine. I'll protect you.'

'I just don't understand why I'm going, I'm the weakest in the group.' Alina said pushing him off her. 

Emilie walked over and hugged her, 'Guy trusts you so much. He cares about you Alina. We wouldn't have gotten this mission if it wasn't for his trust and faith in us. You are just as strong as anyone here, don't forget that.'

'Thanks Emilie.'

'No problem.' 

'Oh look fire breath has a heart,' Aaron mumbled. 

'Wanna fight me now do ya ice boy?' Emilie scowled.

'Not here you two.' Sergeant Erikson growled as he walked past. Then vanished behind the walls quickly. Then he stepped back and glared at us, 'I mean it.' 

'YES SIR!' They moaned and continued to get ready. 

They were in a truck on the way into the battle grounds when their truck suffered a huge blow. It was thrown sideways, causing everyone to fly across the ground. Olivia was taken to her Suit and she armoured up. They were all on guard as a Sentinel ran over. There was about seventy to ninety Cree bolting towards them. Alina raised her gun and fired multiple times.Tomas stood at her side and they charged head on into battle. 

Am I going to die? Alina ran along side her friends into the heat of battle. Fires, explosions and blood were scattered everywhere. This is sick...I can't believe the humans have survived so long like this. Alina gripped her brothers arm as a blood curdling scream was let into the open air. There was a cry for help and Alina turned to Emilie, who nodded and they raced off in the direction for the screaming. 

They reached them and they both saw Cree closing in on the families and a boy, about their age, was clinging to a rock as a Cree moved in for the kill. Alina reacted quickly and Emilie was in close pursuit. Alina shoved the Cree out of the way and her body fell down over the boy, 'ALINA!' 

'EMILIE!' Emilie turned and saw all three boys running towards her and she took off for Alina. The Cree pulled out a blade and drove it through Alina's back. Screaming, Tomas decapitated the Cree and Aaron grabbed Alina. 

Emilie fell on her knees as Alina's blood poured all over the ground. The boy whom she had saved looked up in shock as her blood was all over his body, 'I'm...I'm sorry....' Jaymes pulled the boy up to his feet and dragged him away as we all crowded around Alina. 

'Alina!' Tomas gripped her shoulders, screaming her name over and over again. She opened her eyes, tears flowing out and her hands clutched her chest where the wound was, 'Stay with us, we're gonna get you help.' 

'Tomas..' she groaned and coughed up blood, 'I can't....'

'Yes you can!' He pulled her over him and rocked her back and forth. His tear mingled with her blood, her screams echoed in the distance. 

'Where is the medical team?' Emilie shouted into the COM.

'There isn't one!' Olivia said over the speakers, 'There is no medical team in bound. No one was sent, what was Guy thinking?' 

Annoyed, Emilie ran to her friends and they all stood around Alina, 'Alina, just hang on we'll get you out of hear and to safety.' 

She gripped her brothers arms, 'Don't go, I need you all here...'

'NO!' Tomas hugged his sister, 'Alina, come on you can do it!' 

'Promise me Tomas,' she gasped, 'Promise me you'll look after the boy. What's your name?'

The boy stepped forward, 'I'm an orphan, I have no name.' He looked down at Alina, tears welling up in his eyes. 

She smiled, 'You'll be Nathaniel then. Your name is Nathaniel. Tomas look after him and treat him as your brother.'

'I promise to look after him as my brother. I will protect him. Don't worry.'

'Good boy. What was that?' There was a sudden beep and they all looked at each other.

'Bomb.' Jaymes breathed, 'It's a bomb! Move!' 

Tomas went to pick Alina up but she threw her weight down to the ground, 'Alina, I have to get you out of here.'

'Leave me. I'm dying anyway. Come here,' she kissed his forehead and he screamed her name until they dragged him away, 'Good bye my brother.' 

Behind them, the bomb detonated throwing them all forward. As they turned the flames rose high into the sky, heat blasting all around them. When it was calmed down, Tomas fell to the ground screaming, they all just looked away, his screams were too much. Thunder rumbled over them and rain fell silently. Back up arrived driving the Aliens from the area and started to collect the humans into groups to head back south into Washington.

Tomas stayed away from everyone for the next few days. The boy Nathaniel, joined the Underground as an apprentice to the Technical groups in Ops. He stayed away from Tomas as well, everyone found it awkward and it wasn't until everything died down, that Tomas started talking again. 

'Hey guys,' he walked onto the roof, their usual hangout.

'Hey man.' Jaymes, 'How ya holding up?'

'I'm better than yesterday,' he smiled weakly. His eyes held so much pain. Everyone was taken aback to the events in New York, 'Well it's all over now. Nathaniel, how is Ops?'

The quiet boy looked up from his gadget in his hands, 'It's good. I like it there.'

'That's good.' Tomas smiled at him and everyone's spirits started to rise.

At least he is smiling, Emilie thought. Things aren't so bad now....we just have to to wait to see what the future throws at us....