Fire vs Ice

I yawned, 'Morning everyone!' I stared out the window as cold water was poured on my face. Screaming, I snapped up and glared behind me at Nathaniel, who had the smae innocent face on, 'Nate!'

'You weren't going to wake up Emilie,' he laughed and jumped out of the car, 'Stretch your legs before we get going. This road is clear so we are right for another hour or two.'

Groaning, I pulled my jumper off and wrung it out on the road. My singlet was all wet and I groaned again, 'Damn that Nathaniel!'

'What now?' Jaymes said coming around the corner, 'Oh he really did it!' he started laughing and fell against the car.

Pushing my wet hair out of my red face I started shouting at him, 'Bastard!' I threw my wet jumper and man did it fly. I smiled as it passed Jaymes and just as Aaron turned it smacked him square in the face. I fell with a slop to the ground, leaving a wet, angry Aaron standing there. He was tapping his foot and I could see ice spikes coming up from the ground.

I started laughing when he swung his hand out and ice spikes flew towards me. I reacted fast and snapped my fingers and a wave of flames washed around, melting the ice, 'That the best you got ice boy?' I sneered.

He roared as an ice bear came into being and rushed towards me, jumping to the side I clapped my hands as I truck it with my fire. It rolled to the side, a few cracks from the fall. The ear charged again and I dodged it again, falling down on the ground. I growled and jumped back, scrambling for the upper hand I fired multiple fire shot at it to slow it down. Aaron jumped and the bear launched itself at me. I pushed my hands up as a wall of fire came between me and the bear. Shouting, I pushed the flames back and encased the ice creature. I flung my hands out as the flames tied around the bear, crushing it.

Aaron scowled and raced towards me, an ice sword erupted from his hands and he tried to strike. I snapped my fingers and a ball of flames exploded in my hands, smiling it got bigger and then I threw it at him. The sword deflected it and he kept running, 'Bastard!' I placed my hands on the stone, quickly turning it to lava. I raised my hands as the molten liquid was high in the sky. I brought my hands out in a figure of eight motion, bringing the lava across my face and firing at Aaron. He easily dodged the molten rock and jumped over my next shot, 'Stop moving!' I growled as he got closer. I crossed my arms and flung them out causing one huge wave of flames to burst from my body, the wave struck Aaron and sent him flying into the alien car.

Coughing he stood and placed his hands together then dragging them back out revealing an ice spear, 'Come here bitch!' He shouted at me, blood dripping from his lip. My hands were now balls of flames, I ran at him with all my speed and lashed out, sending two separate ribbons of fire straight towards Aaron. He blocked them as my fist collided with his face. He was thrown back again into the road and he got up quickly. He lunged and I could barely see him. His knee landed in my stomach and I coughed as I was shoved into the car. He grabbed my arms and swung me down, his ice cold grip scared me.

I grabbed his foot and swung him back into the ground. I brought my foot into contact with his side, then caught off guard as an ice wall came between us. I placed my hands down on it and flames started to lick the ice. Stepping back, I shot my hands up above my head and roared as a huge column of fire erupted. Aaron got up and had a huge blizzard forming above him.

Suddenly, my body became heavy. I stopped and dropped to the ground, like I was being squished underneath a building. I groaned as saw Aaron was the same, a voice above caught out attention, 'Fucking idiots!' Tomas growled and had both his hands out and palms down, glaring at us, 'Stay down and very quiet, you two are unbelievable!!'

'She started it!' Aaron shouted and cried in pain as the weight became heavier.

'Does it look like I give a shit? Now when I release you both, you are gonna shake hands and part as unlikely friends. We can't afford out best fighters to kill each other!' Slowly the pressure was released and we both stood.

Aaron and I just looked at each other and he muttered something and started walking towards me. He stuck his hand out and I shook it firmly. He looked into my eyes and I smirked, 'Tomas,' I let go of Aaron's hand and turned, 'What did you do to us?'

'Well I don't really know myself...'

'I know!' Nathaniel said running up, 'It's an element like fire and ice, it's Aether. Or better known as our neighbourhood friend Gravity.

'Really?' Tomas said flexing his hue hands, 'Lemme try this again!' he thrust his hand out at Aaron, Palm up, Aaron's started floating and then Palm down, Aaron,s face collided with the ground, 'Haha, cool!'

'Tomas, of you don't release me right now I swear by the heavens and hell I will kill you!' Aaron's voice was muffled but every word was clear. Tomas turned his palm up and Aaron was able to get up, 'Never again will you experiment on me you air head.'

'Step back the Popsicle has a mouth!' I said with sarcasm dripping from my tongue like honey.

Aaron glared at me, 'Shut you heat pack with legs.' he stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked off in a huff.

'Well that explains a lot.' Nathaniel said watching Aaron wander off.

'Explains what noodle?' Jaymes said looking at Nathaniel.

'Emilie and Aaron they....hey! Did you just call me noodle!?' Nathaniel shouted. Jaymes shrugged and started laughing, 'Anyway,' he fixed his glasses and glared at Jaymes, 'The obvious answer being fire and ice. Polar opposites. Emilie is the rages torrent of the flames where as Aaron is an elegant blizzard, with a cold heart.'

'Poor guy. The only reason he has a shell is because of what happened when he was little.' Jaymes said ruffling Nathaniel's hair, 'Let's get going otherwise Olivia will have our heads.' We all walked back and I looked down at my newly formed bruises, cuts and scrapes. There was minimal blood but nothing was broken, funnily enough.

We reached the car and found Aaron smoking on the hood, 'Ready to move?'

'Yeah, Olivia you right?' Jaymes said into empty air. There was no response, 'Olivia? Olivia!'

'Where could she have gone? It's not like a cripple can get very far, especially without her....Nathaniel, track her suit, she might've taken it out!' Tomas said jumping over some rubble.

'Right!' He pulled out his glass tablet and tapped it a couple of times and a screen of info ran past and video footage popped up, he swiped it away then brought a new screen in and pressed on something and a small beep sounded. We all turned as there was a red light just floating behind us, 'It's still here!' He cried.

'Where could she have gone?' Tomas scratched his head, 'OLIVIA!' he shouted and it faded into echoes across the hills, 'Why....how?'

'I have no idea,' I folded my hands and lent on them, 'I don't think she left on her own accord though,' I closed my fists and looked at everyone, 'We have to find her, something bad could've happened.' The boys all looked at me with worried looks, Nathaniel looked away and down the road. There was no one for miles and miles. We were still a fair way away from New York and it's not like she can walk on her own...she has to have been taken, 'Where do we start?' I asked and the boys shrugged. 

'It's getting closer to midday now and the Alien patrols should be overhead, we might have to wait for them to pass before we look for her.' Tomas said pointing to the sky. 

I rubbed my head in frustration, 'That might take to long. Who knows how far away she is, she could be under our noses or in fucking Japan!'

'Calm down Emilie and think rationally,' Nathaniel said walking closer, 'We need to clear our heads and can't rush off into anything. Who was the last person to see Olivia?'

'I saw her watching from the car getting ready to intercept the fight with her armour,' Tomas said, when I looked back she was looking at me with a strong gaze and I intercepted. After that I don't know.' He shrugged and my head spun. 

Off all the times to loose her! What if she's been taken? Killed? We can't jump to conclusions without trying to find her, but where could she have gone? Her amour is still here and there are no tracks to or from our locations except ours. This is all wrong, we were all right here and she vanished right under our noses... Olivia.....where are you?!