Tables & Labels

'This is crazy.' Nathaniel said shaking his head. All six of us were sitting on the roof watching the sky churn. The sun stained sky drifted over us as the winds whipped. We could see nearly all the city, in its broken glory, it saddened us to see our city in ruins like this, 'Why would he spring this on us now? Why not when we were young "Hey kids yeah you are to be the next heroes that will save the world with magic!" Why not?!'

Tomas grunted, 'Magic doesnt exist he's just toying with our heads.'

'What's this then!' I pulled my jumper back and my arm tingled.

'Those lines don't mean anything Emilie, they are nothing!' Tomas said slamming his hands against the walls.

'You bastard, to hell with what you think. This so called gift or curse, or whatever it is, has saved my life and nearly everyone's here!'

'What happens when it runs out?' Jaymes said stepping up, 'What happens when your power just stops?' he scowled.

'I was given this for a reason,' I surged on, 'And until I find that reason, you can't tell me left or right. Whatever Guy said, has to be true.'

'He might be leading us to our deaths!' Olivia said wheeling up, 'It's not the first time.'

It was silent. Not even a bird call could break this awkardness. Every face was turned to the ground in shame and question, wondering what our future will be. The clouds billowed over and thunder rumbled in the distance. The smell of rain filled our senses, I smiled to myself meekly and turned my gaze to teh darkening sky. I took in a huge breath and held it, letting it go everyone looked up as well. Small droplets of rain started falling around us, splashing against my dirty face, a sigh left my lips and I felt a wave of clamness overcome me. 

'I don't know about you guys,' Aaron walked to the center and lifted his hand above his head, 'I'm going through with it. We are the last hope for humanity, if we don't try this then we are truly lost. Who's with me?' 

'As much as I loath Aaron, he's right. We can't abandon the human race now. Not after all the work we've done.' I walked and stood next to him. He looked down and smiled at me. I looked at the others, 'We were all found on the side of the road, broken, bleeding and dying. Olivia!' I spun on my heels and walked over to her, 'Guy found you unable to walk on the side of the road, about to be crushed by a Sentinel. What did he do?' 'He saved me.' 'He save you that's right. He cherished your life above his. Jaymes!' I moved over to him and tapped his shoulder, 'You were clutching your mothers dead body underneath a pile of buidlings. Everything was burning, Guy crawled in there and dragged you out with his bare hands.' Jaymes nodded and looked down in shame, 'Tomas!'

I walked over to him just looked, 'You were on a cliff screaming for your mother. You were broken, bleeding and ready to die. When Guy showed up clinging to your sister. Your baby sister Alina,' He slapped me. My head snapped to the side, skin burning, I looked back at his beet red face.

'Don't ever mention my sister you fucking bitch.' He hit me in the stomach, blood leaking from my mouth,

'OI!' Jaymes pulled him back and struggled to contain him, 'I admit she can be rude and obnoxious, but that gives you no right to hit her. She is not responsible for your sisters death. She saved a little boy, whom she dubbed Nathaniel. He sits there as your brother, remember your promise?' 

"I will take him as my brother as you are my sister. I will love and watch out for him. I will shape him into a good man and ensure his safety until I die. I promise. I promise he will see The New Age and tell his children and his children's children about it.'' Aaron proclaimed this and Tomas started to cry, 'We all loved Alina and so did Guy. She died with good tied to her name. Don't spoil her stories with your grudges and filth.' Aaron spat. I had never seen him like this, this it a completly new side to him.