Revalation

Nathaniel jumped up, 'They're on the outskirts of the city!'

Aaron nodded, 'Okay. The aliens will move in soon. The Underground by now would be destroyed. Rei sacrificed herself to save us.'

Olivia clicked her tongue, 'Why did she do that?'

'I don't know but we can't go back down there.'

'Why not?' Olivia snapped. 

Aaron glared at her, 'Because we don't have time. The aliens will be closing in by now. We should've seen this coming.'  He glanced at Nathaniel.

'Well sorry,' Nathaniel scoffed wiping his hands on his thighs, 'I can't exactly control it yet.' 

'I never said you couldn't.'

'Don't make comments like that then.' He flipped the bird at Aaron and he rolled his eyes.

'Moving away from that,' Olivia laughed nervously, 'What's the plan?'

'We go with our first strategy but use Tomas to push the Aliens back. So he'll be out front,' He draw a map on the ground with a large circle representing Tomas, 'You cool with that?' Tomas grunted and Aaron continued, 'Jaymes will go to the left and Olivia will stay here with the wounded.'

'Where am I going?' Nathaniel asked spinning a spanner on his hand. 

Aaron smiled, 'You are our recon team/ communications. You will take thirty men and climb the buildings, an eye in the sky so to speak. Choose thirty to take and make sure communications are running smoothly.'

'Aye sir!' He smiled and stood, 'I need thirty men with me. You, you, you,' he picked out more and he glanced behind him at Aaron, 'Don't die mate.'

'I wouldn't dream of it.' Aaron smiled back and flipped the stick in his hand, 'Watch your back. Anything, if you see anything, report back to me. I don't care if a fucking sparrow runs into a power line, tell me.' Nathaniel nodded and started jogging, the men close behind him. 

'What are you going to do?'

'I'm going to the right with snipers stationed all around the lower ground area. So we have Nathaniel above, me below, Tomas taking the front, Jaymes in the middle and Olivia at the back.'

'Is that going to work?'

'It's so simple they won't see it coming. Nathaniel?' He lifted his radio and there was static form the other end, 'Nathaniel do you copy?'

'We are in place. So far nothing Aaron.' Nathaniel's voice crackled over the com, 'How are things your end?' 

'Quiet. To quiet.' Nathaniel chuckled at Aaron's remark, 'What?'

'Nothing. I'll keep in touch.'

'Right.' Aaron shut it off and started to round the men up for his group, 'Will you be okay?' He knelt down in front of Olivia and took her hands in his, 'Olivia?' She looked up at him, tears on her face, 'Everything will be okay.' He hugged her tight and she held onto his shirt, 'Stay safe and watch over these people.'

'I will.' She croaked. 

'Good girl.' He kissed her forehead, still holding her hands. He released her and stood up, 'I'll see you later.'

'Wait!' She reached out and grabbed the hem of his pants, 'What about Emilie?'

'What about her?' Aaron said helping Olivia back up. 

Olivia gulped, 'What happens when she shows up?' 

'Who knows?' He gripped her shoulder, 'Stay safe Olivia.' She nodded and he started to run off, getting his men in place.