Flashback

A few weeks ago...

I looked ahead, well tried, since tears were blurring my vision. I ran off but didn't look back, 'WHAT ABOUT OLIVIA!?' One of the boys shouted, 'WHAT ABOUT HER?!' Those were the last words I heard before I turned a corner and left them there. 

I wiped the tears from my eyes as I ran. Further and further away from my friends. I stumbled and fell to my hands and knees. The grit scraped my knee and I clamped my mouth shut as I felt droplets of blood, 'Shit.' I rolled onto my backside and gripped my knee. I tilted my head back and looked at the darkening sky. The rain started falling silently and I sat there as it covered me, like feathers falling around me, 'What am I doing?' I wiped the tears away and pushed myself to my feet. Grunting I started walking north. 

It was well into the night before the rain stopped. By then I was under the roots of a fallen tree holding my hands over a small fire. I curled up next to the fire and slipped my hands in the flames, the danced up my arms. I smiled as the warmth enveloped me. The silence was broken when a twig snapped behind me. I sat up and brushed the flames out. I slipped into the moonlight and turned in a full circle, 'Who's there?' 

No response. 

'Show yourself now!' I shouted and I saw a figure step out from behind the trees, 'I need your name and purpose!'

The figure stopped. I couldn't see the persons face but I could tell it was a man from the build, I saw his hands move and he raised them to his head, 'I come in peace.'

'That line is so old now.' I snapped and my hands were no alight, 'I need your name and purpose!' 

'Ah so your Emilie. Pym spoke fondly of you when I saw him last. I wonder how the others are.'

'WHAT IS YOUR NAME!' I shouted and the man stepped into the light. His dark hair snapped in the building wind, his cold eyes met mine, So familiar... He was rather tall and muscular, he wore all black except his shirt, which was a dark blue. Over his shoulders was a black cloak. Underneath he had several guns and ammunition. 

'My name is Matthew. I believe you know my son Aaron.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Thanks.' I grunted as he handed me some food as we sat over the fire, 'So your Aarons dad?'

'Yes.' He said. 

I shrugged, 'I thought his dad was dead.'

'No. I left a long time ago. In hope of finding something.'

'So that's what brought you here?' I asked sipping some water from a flask he had. 

He shook his head and chuckled, 'No. I came to see my son. I received word from Pym about what was happening and since I was in the general area I decided to come down and see how he was doing.'

'You abandoned him so long ago, why would he want to see you?' I scowled. 

He smiled sadly and looked into the fire, 'I said I wanted to see him. Not talk or anything just watch and see how much he has grown. His mother was the brave one. I'm a coward you see.'

'I figured.' I said and bit down on some more food, cooked meat and bread. 

He shrugged, 'Why are you up here?'

'I had a fight with Aaron actually. I couldn't stand it down there anymore.' I looked over the hills down at the dim lights of where Pym and the others were, 'I just needed space.'

'They'll be looking for you.' He laughed. 

I smirked, 'Aaron would throw a party if I washed up dead.'