Search

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   'Anything?' I called out over the small hill. 

'NOTHING!' Jaymes replied. We had been looking for hours all around. No one had seen or heard anything. It was getting late into the afternoon before we had a rest. Nothing was said as a Nathaniel built a small fire to keep us warm as the cold started to set in, 'Thanks.' Jaymes huffed. 

'Has anything come up?' Aaron asked, smoking behind us. Nathaniel shook his head solemnly and flicked a screen up, 'What is it?' Aaron said walking over, stomping out his cigarette. 

Nathaniel's eyes opened wide in amazement, 'LOOK!' He rolled a screen out and a huge dot appeared and from behind, the suit blinked, 'The tracker was set off. It has to be from Olivia!' We all crowded around, hopeful. We looked down as Nathaniel winced, 'She's in New York. How did she get there?'

'Who knows and who cares,' Tomas jumped up, 'We have to go get her!'

'Calm down and think this through, Nate are you sure?' Jaymes asked sternly. 

He nodded slowly and point to it, 'Have I ever steered you wrong?' 

We all looked at him with the same expression, Yes. 

He groaned, 'That was one time!' We shook our heads, 'It was an accident!' Still shaking, 'Shut up. Anyways we need to get to Olivia.'

'Why would she be there?' Aaron said. 

I shrugged, 'No idea but we can now assume she was taken. It wouldn't been aliens so I'm guessing more humans have started to work for them.'

'That said,' Tomas grunted, 'We need to find her. Who knows what they'll do to her. We have to go now before they realize or if they have, before she is killed. Let's go!'

'Fine but I'm driving.' Nathaniel said running over and jumped in. He patted a few buttons and the armour behind us rattled and took off. Its cloaking panels still on, 'It'll fly above us, keeping us on track to find Olivia.' The car spun around and he turned the wheel again to balance us. Shaking, he pushed his foot down and we sped off towards New York, 'Hang on!' He pressed down again and our speed almost doubled, causing us to glide over a heap of rubbish, landing on all four wheels and continuing down our path. 

Nathaniel grunted as he turned the wheel so we were back on the old highway. Tomas locked his gun and pointed up and Aaron nodded, 'We've been spotted. They are telling us to pull over.'

'Don't bother,' Aaron said, ice forming in his hands, 'We may as well take them down quickly before they realize.' He smirked. Tomas nodded and pull the roof back and Aaron stood up, I never really noticed how tall he was. He raised his hands and his hair wavered in the air around us. He smashed his fists together and ice exploded around his hands. He pointed his hands in the direction of the alien aircraft and ice fired across the sky. I watched as the blue ice penetrated the metal. I swear he smiled....genuinely. I laughed as he shot at them again. I saw aliens fall and splatter on the ground, 'Fuck, they aren't dead.' He groaned. 

'Lemme!' I said jumping up. I swung onto the roof and snapped my fingers as six balls of fire rolled in my palm. I threw them high and they rolled towards the scrambling aliens. I turned back to face the boys as they exploded behind me, 'We may have to get moving.' Screeches sounded above us and I knew we had more company, 'Tomas!' 

'Right!' He swung the gun over his shoulder and leveled out, 'Move your ass bitch!' I ducked as he began to fire. No one can fire at this range except Tomas, his skill is quiet unique. Sliding in beside as rather jumpy Nathaniel, he never was made for the field, 'Nate, now's not the time to be all fidgety. Man up or I cut off your balls and made a new set of ear muffs for you.'