Sea Sick

'Nathaniel we've been in the fucking submarine for not even an hour and you're already throwing up.' I coughed. Nathaniel was bent over the rail throwing up into the black ocean. His skin was pale mixed with green, his shirt was splattered with small droplets. His hair a dirty blonde mess, 'You right now?'

'How's our sea monkey doing?' Aaron asked stepping up. He lit a cigarette and walked over to us.

'I'm not...a sea monkey.' He lurched back over the railing and I watched as his lunch dribbled out of his mouth. He lifted his sorry head and said he was going to get a towel, 'I'll be back.' He slammed the door leaving Aaron and myself alone with our thoughts.

'Poor kid.' I chuckled as I wiped down the railing, 'One of the first times he's actually outside he gets sea sick. Who knew?' Aaron shrugged and let out a puff of smoke, 'Why do you smoke?' 

He shrugged again watching the black waves eat away at the submarine, 'It's calming. I admit its a bad habit but what can I do?'

'Stop?' I pouted. 

He glared at me, his icy eyes connecting with mine, 'It's none of your business anyway. You must have a bad habit too, I mean everyone has one.' He inhaled and exhaled waiting for my answer, 'None?' I shook my head and he half smiled, 'Why do I feel hatred towards you Emilie? Why must we be at war with each other constantly?'

I glared at him and leaned against the railing, 'I just hate you. You hate me I don't know. We've always clashed, I've never really thought about it.' 

Silence. 

He looked away as he finished his cigarette. The smoke fluttered away with the winds and I watched as the clouds covered the blue skies, 'Looks like rain.' I said, 'I'm going below. Nathaniel must be alright.' I left him there and shut the door behind me, my heart was pounding. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God I hate her!! Aaron thought bitterly. He glanced up and heard thunder, although it sounded a little different from regular thunder. Forgetting about it he watched the waves bash against the old metal and opened his hands in defeat. Ice swirled around his hands and he watched as small snowflakes danced around his fingers. Beautiful...why us? There was a screech from above and his head snapped back. A Castling pushed through the grey mass of clouds and raced towards them, 'Fuck!' He dashed towards the door and when he reached for it he felt a jolt. Looking down he saw water creeping around his feet. Grabbing his earpiece he shoved it in his ear and shouted at them, 'We have to move. The door locks by itself, we have no time to let you in. Hang on to the railing.' He grabbed the door and looked at the large Castling. 

He took a deep breath as the sea water enveloped him. He lifted his hand above the water quickly and shot a ice beam at the Castling. It reeled back and he hoped they would open the door. His lungs screamed, his body ached. The water pressure was too much...everything started to turn black...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'AARON!' I screamed and ran down the corridor, 'Why didn't you let him in?' I shouted at Rei.

'We wouldn't have made it. He'll be okay.'

'What of he lets go?' Jaymes looked at me with wide eyes, 'He won't be able to hold his breath for long and...'

'Oh he can just swim,' Rei swatted her hand back and I glared at her, 'What is it girl?'

'Aaron can't swim!' My heart lurched and I raced for the door, Jaymes in close pursuit. I reached the door and bashed against it. I heard a faint reply, 'He's there!' I reached for the lock and Jaymes got under, 'What are you doing?'