Reunited But Still Apart

I ran down the hall crying. Aaron came and told us that Olivia was coming with Rei and Garrison. I turned a sharp corner, leaving everyone else behind. I didn't care, I wanted to see Olivia, 'OLIVIA!' I ran into Pym who was holding something and he fell back from the force, 'Pym, where is Olivia?!'

'Wha...Aaron!' He shouted as the others caught up, 'I thought I said not to say anything!' 

He shrugged, 'Sorry. I'm not keeping something like that from hot head here. That's just cruel.' 

Pym glared at his nephew, his gaze softened as he looked at me, 'Go on. Down the hall and second right.' He whipped his hands, 'Go!'

'Thank you...' I hugged him and took off with the boys at my heels. Everything seemed to slow down and knowing I was going to see Olivia again after so long was...good. I turned on the second right and found Rei standing outside a room, 'Rei!' She bolted towards her and Rei jumped as Emilie called her name.

'Emilie....what are you doing?'

'I'm going to see Olivia.'

'Emilie you don't want to see her she's....'

I pushed past her and looked through the window and saw Olivia with tubes all around her. There were five men and five women there, blood on their hands and I watched in horror as something white was lifted off the table. Blood was all over them and one of the women saw me. She came over and pulled the blinds down. One of the boys grabbed my shoulders and pulled me back to sit in a chair, 'What....' My head fell into my hands, I felt my heart being broken. Shards bounced around inside as Rei sat down. She shooed the boys away and it was just me and her, 'What happened Rei? Her face, her head....what the fuck happened up there?'

'We came just a bit too late. She was shot at by an Alien ship. I don't know all the details, Luke is operating now as you just saw,' she rubbed my back, 'She fell back after being shot and hit the back of her head. She didn't wake up so that's when they called us. I'm sorry. You can't go in and see her until Luke says so.'

'It's been God knows how long and I'm expected to...'

'Emilie, I'm sorry but Pym needs to talk to you now. Go on honey.' Rei patted my back. 

I started walking then stopped, 'Rei do you think we can do this? Because I think...no I know we can. Because of those Aliens Olivia may not live to see another day. I've been meaning say something but I met her father. I'm not kidding either. She needs to live so she can see him again. I made a promise to him and that was for him to see Olivia again. She will not die. We are all going to save this earth. We are the Protectors of Earth. This is our quest and our destiny. I will not let her die because of an Alien shot, whatever Pym has to say I don't want to here it. He can't say anything now. All that's left is fighting for our freedom. Rei, can I trust you with something?' Rei gulped and nodded, 'When the times comes for us to sacrifice our bodies, take the boys and if so Olivia away. I'm going to take their powers and use them to bind the earth with my body alone. Don't say anything to them because I know what they'll say. Can I trust you can do that for me?' 

'You have my word Fire Tribesmen. How are you going to achieve that though? Taking their powers I mean.' She asked, I heard her stand.

'With this,' I put my arm out so she could see the lines, 'This is alien. If I use it right, it can take their powers without killing them. That means they can survive.'

'You don't have to die.' Rei said grabbing my arm, 'There might be another way!'

I jerked my shoulder away, 'No. There is no other way. I will sacrifice myself to save them and all the other humans. When this big bang happens, make sure they and everyone is safe. I don't know what will happen but Pym told me this phenomenon will only kill the aliens, like a huge beacon of death or something like that. This is the only way. I have to go.'