Child of The Sky

Olivia waited for hours until Dr Hartman returned. Luke had left earlier to see another patient. She had enjoyed his company, she had no idea how long they had been talking be she appreciated it. She learned a lot about the living conditions for some humans in the city. Dr Hartman broke her thoughts when he walked in talking about something, '....and then take this down to Josie when its complete. Ah!' He clapped his hands together and smiled down at Olivia, 'How are you?'

'Sick and tired of this place.' She tried to pull her arms free again and he just laughed. 

'We need you to cooperate with the operation, how are you feeling about that?'

'I don't want to walk again, I have never really felt the need to get back on my feet.' 

'But isn't it hard to keep up with your friends who are always running around? Having to rely on others when you need to go somewhere? Getting dressed?'

'I have never felt the need to get back on my feet.' She repeated firmly. 

'The King wants you to walk in his courts not roll around in some silly chair.' Hartman scowled, 'This operation will help you a lot Olivia. Don't make us force it upon you.' 

'You wouldn't dare, what if you kill me?'

'That is impossible as I have been blessed with magic hands. They can conduct nearly any operation no matter how difficult or easy it may be. I have done things like no one has ever done or seen before.' He smirked and Olivia wasn't impressed. 

She scoffed, 'You aren't god Hartman. Don't swell your head its big enough.' 

He gripped her arms and pushed her down into the hard bed and got really close to her face, 'I am God. I can do anything.'

Olivia's face was knotted into a frown. The air around her twisted and she felt something new spark in her chest, following it, the air whipped around. Hartman was flown back into some equipment, his face had surpirised stamped into it. He pulled himself up and nurses ran in, the wind caught them and they were thrown back out the door and Olivia shouted angrily at them all, 'You can't do anything to me!' 

'Stop or your friends die!' Hartman screamed and a screen came down showing footage of Emilie, Aaron, Jaymes, Tomas and Nathaniel. Her chest became tight and the winds died down. She fell back gasping and nurses restrained her, 'What are we to do now?'

'Prepare her for our operation. She will walk in the light of our King.' He laughed and walked over to her, 'You will loose and your friends will die. Humans will be gone, the filth they are. They have always deserved to die.' 

'Aren't you human too?' She wheezed as the nurses tried to stick needles in her arms. 

'I am far from human. I'm a special breed, I may appear human but I assure you I am not.' He smiled wickedly and placed a hand down on Olivia's forehead, 'You will loose and there is nothing you can do about it. Child of the Sky. That's who you are. A very strong power indeed, but you see there are other forces at work that you cannot defeat. Just accept this and we will do the rest.'

'No, no, no, no, no! We will not loose you aliens took our home! You can't do this!'

'But we already have that's the funny thing. We always win. Our race has defeated countless species and hundreds of planets. None have served us to our expectations but earth...your earth is perfect. Now sleep, you can't resist it anymore.'

Olivia tried to keep her eyes open, her lid became heavy and sleep started to envelop her. Fighting back, she opened her eyes and Hartman was looking into her eyes and she started to fall back asleep. Annoyed she pushed sleep back and tried to pull the restraints off, ending in failure they pushed her down as she started to arch her back and smack her head against the bed screaming, her voice got fainter and weaker as she was falling asleep. No matter how hard she fought back, darkness wrapped around her. She felt like she was suffocating, she needed air and fast. I can't keep this up. Her breathing became faster, her lungs barely keeping up with every heave.